movie

There is only the DVD. I have seen just last week.

If you wnat the VHS you have to rent it.

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited May 03, 2000).]

Personally, i didnt liked the movie.
But that is just my opinion...
Here on Brazil, the movie was somewhat of a failure, it was on for only 2 or 3 weeks on my city...
frown.gif

I was expecting much more
frown.gif

I entered the movie theater just to realize that where only 2 people there besides me...

------------------
Only a complete fool is absolutely sure about what he says
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Yes, i am...i mean...do'h

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we had it where I was for even two weeks, no one I knew at school seemed to care about it enough to know what it was based on. This was here in the US. I still haven't seen it yet, BTW.

Hmm, well I rather liked the movie, actually. It was a nice balance against the all-too-shiny Phantom Menace. And the plot wasn't as cliche as I thought it would be, though I still can't figure out why Blair went aboard the Kilrathi ship. And the final battle seemed... well... unepic, if that's a word. The Kilrathi vessels just jumped in one by one, to be blasted by the Confed fleet... and what a great looking fleet it was
smile.gif
As for the number of viewers, I also despaired about ever seeing it when the only cinema playing it in my city decided to stop showing it because there just weren't enough people.

Zebum said:
does any one know where i can buy the movie as i can't find it anywhere
We have two online stores that sell the DVD in our Where to Buy section. Blockbusters is selling the VHS for a few dollars (copies that have been rented out).

Last edited:
Incorrect. VHS copies can be purchsed at
several Blockbuster stores in Connecticut.
One in Seymour is as low as 5.99 and there's something like 6 copies! Personally, I bouhgt mine from when I use to work at a now defunct video store, so I lucked out.

The WC Movie was an upset to me, more so than Phantom Meance (And don't get me started on that, 'cause I'm a staunch defender of it despite Jake Lloyd) but it makes up for it since the cast was A+ excellence (esp. Karyo - who cares if he's French, he was VERY Paladin - and Jurgen Prochnow as Cmdr Gerald).

I had the opertunity to email Chris Roberts once and he had said that even he was disappointed with the Kilrathi in the film (personally, I always think of the WC3 Cats whenever someone says Kilrathi) and he had wanted to try CGI if thre was a WC2 movie.

------------------
"The Way of the Samurai is in desperateness.
Ten men or more cannot kill such a man.
Common sense will not accomplish great things.
Simply become insane and desperate."
-Yamamoto Tsunetomo, "Hagakure"

Tcha! Not another one!
smile.gif
WC2 Kilrathi are better than WC3 Kilrathi
smile.gif

I perfer the look of the WC3 Cats over the rest, probably because they affected me the most. I much much much perfer the personality of Hobbes in WC2, though, as I loved it when he told Maniac off in the briefing room...

------------------
"The Way of the Samurai is in desperateness.
Ten men or more cannot kill such a man.
Common sense will not accomplish great things.
Simply become insane and desperate."
-Yamamoto Tsunetomo, "Hagakure"

Not Maniac. Stingray. Hobbes and Maniac didn't exchange a single word in WC2. But yes, Hobbes was cool in WC2. Of course, he was also great in WC3. I so wished that I didn't have to kill him at the end.

When I saw the movie (March 13, 1999-- seems ages ago
smile.gif
) there was quite a few people in the theatre. In fact, there was scattered cheers when Paladin took out the Kilrathi ship in the Broadsword. Of course, the people I saw it with were nearly asleep by the end, but, hey, it was their loss.
wink.gif

WC2 movie? Maybe that's just me, but I don't think that's too likely.
frown.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

the movie never made it here....
frown.gif

BUT I GOT THE DVD!!!(no projector screen and 5.1 theater sound system though)

It didn't? That explains everything. I was passing through Singapore last year, and I was hoping to catch it while I was there... to no avail. I did see the soundtrack in one of the stores...
<pounds himself for not buying it>

Back