Movie Rapier Spotted

Klavs81

Rear Admiral
image.jpg
Not sure if this has been posted, but I ran across this today:

http://www.paintballhertfordshire.com/paintball_games_herts.html

A movie Rapier being used at a paintball arena. Interesting! Not a huge fan of the design, but it's interesting where these things end up!

Last edited:
Uhhh... wow. That's interesting. It made it's way to London somehow.

I think I heard about one ending up in England at one point, and that one was rusting in Luxembourg. Another went to a Planet Hollywood in.. somewhere in the US, once upon a time.

I'm curious how many others are out there. I can't remember if they had more than three and I'm not sure if there's ever any shots where you see more than three at a time in the movie.

I wonder if my profile picture was taken in the cockpit of that specimen.

'Steady on course, Mr.Knight'

Edit: What am I talking about? Knight's flying a Broadsword isn't he?

It's nice to know they are not all being left abandoned to rot. If you live in London, it's a good excuse to go paint balling and take some shots of the Rapier, especially when it gets launched!

Just to be pedantic, Hertfordshire isn't quite in London - it's one of the home counties; and they get funny if you call them Londoners. The mother of my child is from there...

Anyways, yeah I still go that way sometimes. I'll try and get some closer snaps next time I'm in that area.

Last edited:
Do we know how many were built for the film? I remember that the shots of the landing bay were mirrored digitally to make it look longer - and likely to add a greater fighter compliment to the scope of the stage.

One of these should really be in the possession of one of us... rebuilt back to film spec. (looks at own avatar...)

Back