Movie or T.V. Live Action Series?

Okay so Fox, a number of years ago made Space: Above and Beyond. It was a well crafted show that was made for about $1.5 million an episode. However the "Chigs" the enemy, were a little lack luster for interest. With the Advent of a $27 Million (est.) dollar Wing Commander movie, what would you have rather have had...Shows with at least a season worth (20 or so episodes) or would you have rather have the movie?
The Movie wasn't bad, just a little less than I expected...And I think that I would have rather had a season or two of shows...

------------------
USAF Motto:
"Only we can prevent forests."

If the series was done as well as SAB than I'm definetly for that. I'd prefer to have many hours of the series instead of just 1.5 hours of the movie. And a series could cover much more story from the universe than one movie could.

We had the cartoon.. and that probably cost less than $1.5 per episode
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there was the cartoon
smile.gif
, but I mean live action, I mean look at most of the sets on SAaB, they recycled most of them, the rest were shot outside or were CGI'd, I think that it could be done...

Hour long Live Action, for sure. Although the Movie was good.

(THEY CHANGED THE ENDING!!!!! AAAAAUGH!!!)
(sorry)

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

I dunno... the animated Kilrathi were far better than any of the live-action ones (both movie and games).

i think tha cats looked best in WC3...

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

I don't know if they looked the best in WCA, but they had some good atmosphere/lines/story about them.

I think a CGI WC show along the lines of Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles would be cool.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Well, I was actually thinking more along the lines of WC 2 Kilrathi. But yes, the WCA Kilrathi were also very nice; being animated, they acted much more naturally than the puppets.

More natural than, say instead of Blair yelling at Trakhath, an image of Angel appears on the Bonnie Heather? Hehe.

I'd rather see an animation than a puppet but by the time something like a WC show is released, they will have improved the puppets to living machines.
smile.gif

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

You had that bug too, DH?
smile.gif
In my case, Blair appeared (which is just disturbing; it looked like Blair had a split personality). And then - of all people - Sparks.
smile.gif
Well, at least it wasn't Bear.

He he, I had that happen to me too. Blair in his uniform was talking to Blair in his flight suit. It also happened with the com officer from the Concordia.
smile.gif
What was her name again?

Of course. I ALWAYS pay attention to the storyline
smile.gif

It is Maj. Edmond. Yeah she had an attitude adjustment when she thought she was a hotshot decoder.
Well I'm not sure which is worse, seeing Bear or seeing Maniac, good thing he wasn't in SO1. This is the point just before Bear needs an attitude adjustment of his own ya know.

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

Why didn't they reuse the old Kilrathi puppets from the games? A few changes and you have cheap, goodlooking cats.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Well I had Hobbes appear as Thrak and then no one, Blair was replaced by Thrak. I think his intercom picture is pointless, he looks like a greedy Kilrathi(and Khasra).

Back