More questions than answers on bug ships

Death's Head

Spaceman
What color is the Manta WW? It has a Poseidon and I'm sick of hearing "report, leutenant-cerberus is under fire", and the infamous "get those bombers".

Is there a new fighter ship in SO? Some Devil Rays seem more durable than others. The Devil Ray is an aceship, is there an ace of aces ship or some variation on the Devil Ray fighter??

------------------
Incoming fire always has the right of way.

The Manta's you have to really worry about are the red ones. The purpleish-grayish ones don't have the torps like the red ones do. All I know is whenever there's a mission like that, I target reds, then the regular mantas, then the morays, and if there's any stingray's or (whats the other ones called?), They go after the reds, but before the regulars. That too confusing?
biggrin.gif

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Death's Head said:
What color is the Manta WW? It has a Poseidon and I'm sick of hearing "report, leutenant-cerberus is under fire", and the infamous "get those bombers".

Is there a new fighter ship in SO? Some Devil Rays seem more durable than others. The Devil Ray is an aceship, is there an ace of aces ship or some variation on the Devil Ray fighter??

Go after the red Mantas, they're the ones that have torps, you can use your nav map to target them quickly. Also, according to WCPedit there are two versions of the Devil Ray in SO.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

But the WW Manta has a Poseidon too. That's why I want to know what color it is so when I'm done smashing red mantas(bombers), I won't have to worry about torpedoes jabbing at cerberus or midway-but I hear it now which is why I want to know.

Put simply is the WW manta red too?

------------------
There's only one thing more accurate than incoming fire-friendly fire

It should be. You can always use WCPedit to swap the WW Manta with your fighter and see what color it is in the game.
biggrin.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I was hoping I wouldn't have to but it seems I have no choice but to do the unthinkable-switch ships
smile.gif

Maybe while I'm at it, I can take the Dragon out for a spin.
biggrin.gif

------------------
There's only one thing more accurate than incoming fire-friendly fire

All Mantas toting torps are red.

Is it me or does the Dragon seem as small as the Vampire?

Why are the ships smaller? The Excalibur is crunched somewhat and so is the T-bolt it seems.

Also I never heard why the ships are so dark from different angles at times-is that part of the effects?

Most of the converted ships seem to be smaller. The Excal from the game is actualy too small, but the T-bolt looks perfect. You can download the converted Excal wich happens to be the right size.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Back