More Problems Running KS

Loozer

Rear Admiral
im using win2000 os
1.7 mhz celeron
896 ram
256mb agp nvidia card

my problem is when, after installing all the games, i try playing them and all of them play fine, but when i try to launch wc3 i get an error message in a box saying "virtual project failed" and the box closes, holding me back from playing the game. Im sure this may be a common problem, but if anyone can help it would greatly be appreciated
Thanks!

You should recap what you've done in the past so people don't need to dig up what your previous problem was and the steps you've already taken to resolve it. Adding this post in the previous thread instead of starting a new one probably would have been even better. Did you ever get the compatibility mode engaged? How about the NStriker patch? And for any tech support issue, knowing the sound card is usually important, moreso than the amount of RAM in most cases.

i didint want to bring on any confusion putting this on a thread that was started with a completely different problem, but i get your point.
i did get the compatiblity mode engaged, i did not ever get the nstriker patch installed (still gives me same problem: <cant open file>) and my soundcard is a creative soundblaster 512, 16mb.
as for the steps ive taken to fix the previous matter all i did was download the win2000 sp4 and wc1 and wc2 works fine.

Well, without the patch, WC3 Kilrathi Saga is pretty incompatible with Windows 2000. The virtual protect error occurs for everyone who doesn't have NStriker's patch installed. You should do all the standard stuff to troubleshoot the installation of the patch. Make sure you've installed to the default directories, disable any background programs and also review http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=9353

that's great Chris, i did not have actual instuctions on where to install the patch, but the thread you gave me will sure help out alot,ill reply back with results. Thanks!

Back