More Jets Get Metallic WC Treatment (April 10, 2011)

The first one is a fictional Russian fighter (MiG-37 Ferret or somesuch) that appeared as an Italeri kit, and the last one sorta looks like the Transgressor aerospace fighter from Battletech.

No, it's a model of a fictional Soviet stealth fighter:

24q7j0p.jpg

hm. what about something dual engined then, like a p-38? or a DeHavilland Mosquito ? p-38 would probably fit better into wc styling, though

corsair... i could maybe see it as a gladius equiv, if the main wing section was rear swept?

also, obv the 109 emil would come across reasonably well, maybe with a bit of a borderworlds slant

similarly, i could see the Hawker Typhoon working quite well, same for the P-40, possibly also the MiG-3

then you'd be onto things like light bombers, with the B-25, bristol beaufighter and bristol blenheim all being feasible to remodel into the wc scheme of things bf-110 would be pretty difficult, but could maybe pull off an he-111, or an fw-200-c4 , there's probably others, but those are the ones that sprig to mind as most likely to be successful if re-done

The biggest problem is with the engine and intakes. Jet craft are usually much easier to convert since the engine systems are similiar.

ScoobyDoo said:
The biggest problem is with the engine and intakes. Jet craft are usually much easier to convert since the engine systems are similiar.

Just turn the engine into a giant Gatling gun, who could complain?

well that's why i was thinking twin engined airframes would be easier, most of them tended more towards intakes covering the lower half of the nacelle anyway, then you have the typhoon with the same sorta configuration, but single engined , i guess you could look at that as a predecessor to the A-7u , which would also be easy enough to switch over.

Just turn the engine into a giant Gatling gun, who could complain?

I would :D
Besides it wouldn't really follow my common theme.

well that's why i was thinking twin engined airframes would be easier, most of them tended more towards intakes covering the lower half of the nacelle anyway, then you have the typhoon with the same sorta configuration, but single engined , i guess you could look at that as a predecessor to the A-7u , which would also be easy enough to switch over.

Actually I have a A-6 I'm trying to get working.

Back