Modified Hornet & Raptor gun layout - available for download now.

-danr-

Vice Admiral
Modified Hornet and Raptor gun package is now available for download. Very easy to add to your existing Standoff install, it fixes standard wide gun spacing, to allow for a weapon spread similar to WC1 dimensions.

Notes:

- Read INSTRUCTIONS.txt within the zip file for installation procedure.

- Usage will cause your version of Standoff to stop submitting your simulator scores to the CIC scoreboard. The mod can however be easily removed to amend this.

- This is a working prototype, I am happy to tweak the gun arrangements further in order to be as close as possible to the Wing Commander 1 dimensions. Please provide feedback as to your thoughts on the new gun layout and its effectiveness in combat.

For more background on this project, please see the original thread.

Download the mod here (78kb) (Scroll to the bottom and select DOWNLOAD NOW button.)

hornetnew.png

raptornew1.png

Thanks to Quarto and PopsiclePete for the useful pointers, and to the whole Standoff team for the excellent project.

First, thank for the fix, it'll be fun to find out how those originally worked.

Second, I couldn't download the updated version, rapidshare says it's only for premium members.

That was normal Kris as the part you've found is the ship file (this is necessary as I've modded it slightly) - seems I'd left the mesh out of that zip altoghether though.

Right, last version here I promise:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/74708/gunsmod.rar

This is the only one you'll need. Could one of the mods put this in the original thread please? I can't edit it now...

Can you email us that file or post it somewhere else? A place that requires your email address so they can mail you a download link is pretty sketchy, and when I did that, the link that they sent ultimately lead to a "forbidden/permission denied" dead end.

Back