Mission tips: Lashing out

OlDirty

Spaceman
Hey:

I'm having trouble beating the mission "Lashing Out". That's the one where you're sent with a bunch of bombers to destroy a Ralatha, and get diverted to destroy a Snakeir carrier. Destroying the Ralaltha is a cake walk, but then after autopiloting to the carrier, all my bombers get blown up. ("Oh nooo! AHHHHH!" :mad:) I really have trouble keeping them alive amidst all the fighters, but I can't be around to protect all 5 of them all the time, and they seem to get blasted pretty quick. Not to mention if I just try to focus on one or two, I still seem to get the order to retreat.

Any tips for keeping them alive long enough to destroy the carrier?

I've been flying the rapier for this mission. I'm garbage with a gladius.

My first advice to you would be to do a quick search of the Standoff forum. This mission is probably the most discussed of any in Standoff (I can't think of another that has generated as many threads?). You'll find some good advice in some of them...

The mission really requires you to be on top of your game. You have to protect the bombers at all costs. Utilize your nav map to see who's attacking the bombers and continue to send your wingmen after one target while you chase down another. Continue this throughout both nav points and you should be able to get through.

My b on not searching first. Shoulda known I wasn't the only one. Thanks for the tip.

-Big baby Jesus

I usually let the Bombers nuke the destroyer while I take out it's guns and kill the fighters. That way when we get to the Snakiers we only need the bombers to hit it once, then I can take out the other engine and the bridge.

Back