Missing scene, not (yet) available on site

Confed

Commodore
I would like to offer a WC3 missing scene that I noticed is not yet available in the CIC download section.
It's the missing part from the argument Hobbes & Cobra had were you can choose who's side you take.
P.S. : I used ePSXe to run the game on PC & captured the scene with Fraps.
If Tolwyn (or anyone else here) can give me the ideal settings for ePSXe then I can give you a higher quality avi.
you can find it at http://media.putfile.com/Hobbes-Cobra-argument
Enjoy

Attachments

• Hobbes-Cobra argument.jpg
    Hobbes-Cobra argument.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 245
Confed said:
I would like to offer a WC3 missing scene that I noticed is not yet available in the CIC download section.
It's the missing part from the argument Hobbes & Cobra had were you can choose who's side you take.
P.S. : I used ePSXe to run the game on PC & captured the scene with Fraps.
If Tolwyn (or anyone else here) can give me the ideal settings for ePSXe then I can give you a higher quality avi.
you can find it at http://media.putfile.com/Hobbes-Cobra-argument
Enjoy

Hmmm...interesting. Always great to see these things pop up and discovered.

Thanks for the new clip, Confed!

Cool!

But, I use Fraps and ePSXe for playing games, and I tried to record my PSX WC3 footage with Fraps, but never got the game to work! Also, when I took Fraps off, it didn't work. I'd appreciate it if you could give me the options your using to run WC3 with ePSXe.

Thanks in advance,
The Maniac-ac-AC-Ac

This wasn't a missing scene, actually. It was on the flight deck *after* you went up and got out of your flight suit.

The video doesn't play here and I don't see a download link. Do you have the file available separately? Most of these youtubes can be pretty awkward and do weird things to the file.

This isn't missing, like t.c.cgi said. I've seen this one a couple times.

t.c.cgi said:
This wasn't a missing scene, actually. It was on the flight deck *after* you went up and got out of your flight suit.
I played WC3 for PC for over 10 years now & I am certain this particular part of the scene was cut, I always saw the short version of the argument.
I saw this 27 second part for the very first time when I bought the PS1 version last month.
ChrisReid said:
The video doesn't play here and I don't see a download link. Do you have the file available separately? Most of these youtubes can be pretty awkward and do weird things to the file.
Please PM me an email address that can receive 7 MB attachments (like gmail) and I will gladly email it from my gmail account.
maniac89 said:
Cool!
But, I use Fraps and ePSXe for playing games, and I tried to record my PSX WC3 footage with Fraps, but never got the game to work! Also, when I took Fraps off, it didn't work. I'd appreciate it if you could give me the options your using to run WC3 with ePSXe.
Thanks in advance,
The Maniac-ac-AC-Ac
See the screenshot for the video settings that work best (on my system) :
The other settings are better left auto-configured by the wizard, IMHO.
As said before, if anyone like Tolwyn, who really knows what they're doing :eek: , can give us better settings for ePSXe (or another emulator), please let us know in this post (or via PM)
(for me the video scenes work perfectly, but during combat audio & video regularly got choppy. I expect with a better PC, this should not be an issue either, fyi:my system is 3,5 years old AMD Athlon XP 1,667 with Geforce 4 440MX)
EDIT : can an admin pls change the Thread title to : "Missing part of scene, not (yet) available on site" or something like that, to avoid further confusion.
Thx,
Confed

Attachments

• ePSXe.jpg
    ePSXe.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 207
maniac89 said:
Thanks Confed! It worked!
The maniac
you're welcome, glad to hear it. Now, I hope ChrisReid got the avi in his mailbox. I'm on 64k until saturday :eek: , and uploading the 7MB attachment didn't go that smoothly.
(the mail appeared in "sent Item" with the attachment alright, so I guess it worked)
To Chris : If you didn't get the attachment, I'll be able to send it with no trouble in 26 hours.

Hmmm... I've run into a little problem:

I recorded a little PSX WC3 footage with ePSXe just for the hell of it using Fraps, and afterwards I fired up VirtualDub, attempted to comress one of the files with the DivX codec, but then nothing happens. The movie is still the same really big file size. I don't seem to run into this problem with my Prophecy movie.

I hope one of you guys has the solution to this.
The Maniac

Yeah, this is on the 3DO one as well. I have been wondering why after "You're a liar" there's a big continuity gaffe in the way Cobra is standing and stuff. I thought my game was skipping or something.

Anyone have time to capture the PC one so we can post the two versions for comparison?

TomGaines said:
I still had it on my harddrive. You can grab it from here.

They're different... the PSX one is a gimped version of the PC one. Cobra saying "You're a liar" is edited to the start of the clip, and the accusation from Cobra that Hobbes knew the system like the back of his paw is removed.

So, it's not "missing," it's just a different cut of the same thing.

t.c.cgi said:
They're different... the PSX one is a gimped version of the PC one. Cobra saying "You're a liar" is edited to the start of the clip, and the accusation from Cobra that Hobbes knew the system like the back of his paw is removed.

So, it's not "missing," it's just a different cut of the same thing.

This is how it looks to me. Confed was talking about how this is the first time he's seen all this, but the PC one seems smoother and more complete.

Back