Missing messages?

Ilanin

Captain
Something odd I discovered when I took to Standoff with TREman with the intent to find the in-game messages.

Before the first mission, in-game, I get three messages - from Admiral Terrell, Captain Graham, and Spoons. But there are files in stan__e1.tre for four messages, the fourth being from Chief Henderson.

Is it only my version of Standoff where this doesn't display, or did the message get cut and the file left in, or something else?

No, because you haven't done that yet. It contains roughly the same information as in the cutscene conversation with Bradshaw. Which is, I think, the answer - this was written before the devteam realised it could actually do cutscenes, so when they learned this message was turned into a conversation and the mail was cut, but not removed from the TRE.

That's exactly right. We added the Episode 1 cutscenes in Episode 5, actually - it was only near the end of the project that we had time to look back and attempt to bring Episode 1 more into line with the later parts of the game. So, this message would have been displayed had you played the game without Episode 5 installed.

Back