Medals worn in WC3/4

FlashFire82

Spaceman
Although I'm sure that many people have noticed the same thing, I just thought it worthy to point out that all of the medals being worn by officers in Wing Commander 3/4 are actual medals and ribbons that are awarded in the United States Military. I started paying attention because the medal that Admiral Tolwyn in wearing around his neck near the very end of Wing Commander 4 is the Meritorious Service medal, with some blue material strung through the ribbon so it can be worn around the neck. The funny thing about it is that there isn't really anything too special about this award, it's typically awarded as a Permanent Change of Station award for SFC and higher, and also at retirements to these same ranks.

Also found on his chest - (in order from top to bottom, left to right as seen by the camera)

National Defense Service Medal (easy for me to spot, I have one of these)
Vietnam Gallantry Cross (without appurtenance)
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal
Army of Occupation Medal
Air Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Airman's Medal
NATO Medal
RVN Armed Forces Honor Medal
Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal

After that my screenshot doesn't go any further... things that I've seen Blair wear include the Army Good Conduct Medal, Army Achievement Medal, and Army Commendation Medal...

In any case... I just thought some people out there might have been interested to see what these really were... feel free to post screenshots and let me have a crack at them.

Medals worn by Seether -

Army Achievement Medal
Medal for Humane Action (IRONY HERE)
World War II Victory Medal (Hard to tell, blurry image)

Blair and Seether wear the same set of ribbons, in reverse order.

I'm not sure about your analysis, though: Wing Commander IV was made four years before the Kosovo Campaign Medal was issued.

I'm telling you... I know my medals... I thought the SAME THING... but after checking the zoom in on photoshop... I"m sure of it... it's the Kosovo Campaign Medal.

Is there an actual 'official' order of the Wing Commander Medals worn in order or what??

Bandit you have any references to WC Medals
I download an old list which showed what medals should be worn in order

Ok, now I know what the Bronze, Silver and Gold Medal awards means, but I am little confused to when and how does a pilot earn a certain medal. Any pilot/naval/marine officer could have performed acts beyond the call of duty, but there must be a signifcant performane which puts them eligible for certain medals.
Do you have any example to which characters earned which medals and actions did they do to earn the medals

Back