Mass Effect 360

ok, notes about mass effect 2, you can use your saved character from mass effect, the trailer is available to view and it should be released soon.

I think Mass Effect 2 is due out in early 2010.

ok, notes about mass effect 2, you can use your saved character from mass effect, the trailer is available to view and it should be released soon.

Ah, can you now? They said having save files from the original will effect the way mass effect two goes (even the way it starts according to an interview i saw on gametrailers.com). But using your character? There is the small matter that we have no idea whether or not sheperd is actually dead (as hinted to in the teaser) or alive (a possibility brought up in the same interview)... i guess time will tell eh?

Games almost never let you carry a character over from a previous game. I'm expecting ME2 to read your old save file and fill out some form data from it just like at the beginning of the first game where you enter your data and it affects the intro conversation.

I keep hearing things about how you will be able to use your character or your choices from the original Mass Effect in the sequel or that your actions in the first will impact what you see in the second game. I am curious as to how this will work though, especially if you have multiple playthroughs with the same character or different characters and made some different choices. Will you get to choose which character or choices it uses or will it just pick the most recent ones?

I would imagine you get to choose the characters, since each character is in a completely different file than any other. As far as the choices, i was thinking it would probably be the most recent playthrough with that character.

Back