Map...

Dralthi5

Spaceman
On the Universe Map, the Landriech is no where to be seen. Where, approximately, is Landriech and... oh, Hari?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Are you referring to the Prophecy Map? And I reckon there's very little (published) info on factions outside of Confed, Kilrathi, and Border Worlds. I know a little about the Firekka, Steltek, Kilrathi Feudal Planets, double-helix, and Pilgrims, but virtually nothing about the Hari, Landreich, Yan, and surely half a dozen other factions. Not to mentioned the (somewhat separated) universe of Privateer 2, since it's the only WC game I haven't played.

I saw a map recently, may have been at ACENET, but I'm not sure, that had an overlay. I think the theory was that Confed had other official names for some of the planets, but the Landreich, being the Landreich, came up with their own. I also read someone theorize once that the names changed when the Landreich joined with some other planets to form the Union of Border Worlds. As for the Hari, they were on the far side of Kilrathi space from Confed, so their former space would be at the far right edge of the map, if not off the right side of the map.

I haven't played The Darkening yet. But from what I've heard, it takes place in just one system. Which system would that be?

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

It takes place in 3 systems, none of which are in human/kilrathi space, its in a far off corner of the galaxy.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

No offense to AceNet, but nothing on there should be taken as anything near canon without confirmation from an official source.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

TC said:
No offense to AceNet, but nothing on there should be taken as anything near canon without confirmation from an official source.

TC

Somehow I don't think you really care about offending AceNet...
wink2.gif
That's club stuff, though, and not suited to discussion on this board.

[That's called a hint, folks.]

(to everyone)
My smart-a** comment aside, though, TC is right that a lot of things for the WC Aces Club is not official material, but fan-created stuff. (To be fair, the Aces don't claim their stuff is "official," either.)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said it was a theory , nothing more, nothing less. Finally found the site.
http://blance.com/wcl/wcu-map/

I concur with others here that this may only be an interpretation, but if you are curious, feel free to look. The regular map is layer A, the Landreich and some other locales (which I'm assuming are related to some fan-fic or club realted history) is located on the B level. Once again, I don't claim this to be accurate. Just throwing it out for public consumption.

I'd like to see that in 3-D. Complete with data from every planet...
smile.gif

OOps. Too bad that layer B in their map wasn't working when I went there.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited August 30, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back