Manual download problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKeefe

Spaceman
About 9 out of 10 times when I download or view the manual, it is completely messed up; misaligned tabs, missing bookmarks, and images and text ovelapping:

manual.jpg

manual2.jpg

Same thing happens if I download it to the desktop (using Firefox).

If I use IE, I get the same corruption if I view it. If I download it, it looks ok.

Maybe something with Acrobat Reader 7 and Firefox?

Hmm, I haven't upgraded to Reader 7 yet, I use Reader 6.1 currently - but that's viewing only.

The .pdf converter I use is the Fine Print suite.

Would this cause the problem?

looks fine for me Silverain...and he said it looked fine when he downloaded it to his desktop first before opening it (which will be the case when the user plays the game and clicks view manual)

hellcatv said:
looks fine for me Silverain...and he said it looked fine when he downloaded it to his desktop first before opening it
Only when I download it with IE. If I download it with Firefox sometimes it looks weird and sometimes not.

It really is a random problem. For example, I just opened the manual in Firefox and it looks fine. That's why I thought something might be wrong on the server end.

How could the server affect the rendering of a PDF document? It's obviously a problem with this particular document in combination with ActiveX and whatever it is that Mozilla uses.

KrisV said:
How could the server affect the rendering of a PDF document? It's obviously a problem with this particular document in combination with ActiveX and whatever it is that Mozilla uses.
It couldn't affect the rendering, but it could affect the download...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back