maniac's rank

Zebum

Spaceman
Not sure if this has been brought up before. Why is maniac still a Major if he is the 14th greatest ace in confed history - surleyu that warrents promotion even with his flying style.

Maniacs Rank

Maybe it's all his other antics, I remember a Sargent in the .S. Army being busted back to Private for being drunk in a Duce an a Half (slang for military transport truck). Tickled the sh** out of the rest of us.

Can you imagine a General Marshall? I can't. :)

You know, and someone might expatiate on this, but it probably has to do with his flying style.

Oh, and Maniac was a Colonel at one point ("My promotion came through? My promotion! Confed. That's not... right.") He commanded the wing on the Kiev, I believe, but was forced to take a grade reduction on the Midway for some reason.

I don't know, I'm just telling you what I think.

You know I can imagine a General Marshall. He became Secretary of State under Truman.

But a General Todd Marshall? Nah. ;)

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 03-16-2001 at 16:46]

After WCIV (particularly after the novel) I could actually picture a General Marshall. Or at least a Colonel Marshall. I thought the experiences during that campaign finally changed him, but he seemed to regress by the time WCP came out.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Oh, and Maniac was a Colonel at one point ("My promotion came through? My promotion! Confed. That's not... right.")

Hi!

Are you sure Maniac was really promoted? I thought
when Blair said that he was just pulling Maniac's chain :).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

He became a coronel but he was demoted back to major.
My guess is that he is a bad wing commander(he have prove that time and time again) and must have made some "Maniac" move and down to Major..

Followinhg WCIV Todd "Maniac" Marshal was promoted. But then by 2681 he had regressed back to the rank of major for an as of yet unspecified reason

Maybe he got reduced in rank cause he kept hitting on the CAG! Wonder if he ever found a girlyfriend :D

RFBurns

Originally posted by Earthworm
Maniac was married twice, so yes, he acctually could find a girl.:)

Thats amazing! He seemed quite alone in WC 3-5. Or did he bounce between girls in between the games? :D

RFBurns

He was never married very long. The one lasting 3 years, the other 22 days. So there was plenty of time between Wc1 and WC2 or WC2 and WC3 for him to marry and get divorced again :) .

Why was Maniac not promoted? I looked around and found
a copy of the US Army's form DA 67-9, "Officer Evaluation
Report", which is used to decide whether a given officer
is promotable material. It can be found at

ftp://pubs.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/a67_9.pdf

If *I* were evaluating Maniac, this is how it would read:

Maj. Todd Marshall

A. Space force Values:
HONOR: YES
INTEGRITY: YES
COURAGE: NO
LOYALTY: YES
RESPECT: NO
SELFLESS-SERVICE: NO.
DUTY: YES

B. LEADER ATTRIBUTES/ SKILLS/ACTIONS
B1. ATTRIBUTES
MENTAL: YES
PHYSICAL: NO (chunky-man!)
EMOTIONAL: NO
B2. SKILLS
CONCEPTUAL: NO
INTERPERSONAL: NO
TECHNICAL: YES
B3. ACTIONS
COMMUNICATING: YES
DECISION-MAKING: NO (unsound judgement, gets people killed)
MOTIVATING: NO
PLANNING: NO
EXECUTING: NO (tactical proficiency, but does NOT take care of people)
ASSESSING: NO
DEVELOPING: NO
BUILDING: NO
LEARNING: NO
C: PHYSICAL FITNESS
OVERWEIGHT
D: JUNIOR OFFICER DEVELOPMENT: NO

5. Performance and Evaluation
DO NOT PROMOTE

Well, that's my take, anyway. What do you think?
Respectfully,

Brian P.

[Edited by pendell on 03-16-2001 at 17:52]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Space Force is more of an offshoot of the Air Force or Navy, anyway.

The forms are very similar. The reason I used the Army
one is because I could find it more easily on the web :).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

[Edited by pendell on 03-16-2001 at 18:03]

I would rather consider the fighter pilots and so on as offshots of the Air Force and large vessel's crew as members of the Navy. Does not Victory Streak say so?

It's sort of a mix... the rank structure is from today's Air Force -- but you won't find the Air Force today serving off of a carrier (G)

Back