Making the Game: Mission E1 (March 14, 2009)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Series E is the first half of the T'lan Meth missions... and it begins with a historically confusing mission: the hunt for the alien drone. I'll be honest: I still don't know how to find the drone and I still don't know if the drone I find in this missino is the comm relay device seen in later cutscenes or not.

These updates are thanks to John "Captain Johnny" Guentzel, who provided several CD image archives of material used by the Wing Commander Prophecy development team!

MTG_Mission_E1.jpg

Mission E1
Download (78 kb)

Date: November 25, 1997
Project: Wing Commander Prophecy
Donated By: John Guentzel
Pages: 6

--
Original update published on March 14, 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the consideration that having Stiletto eject is a Bad Thing. I suppose she's tagged as invincible in this mission...

Regarding finding drone I used a bit of cheat.Just follow Stilletto and target drone she is heading for and get to it first.Repeat some more times and in the end you should find it.

It's much easier just to search for it while there are still enemy ships around. Stiletto will only go after the buoy once all the aliens are dead, that gives you plenty of time.

It’s been a while since I played this mission but I think I would shoot the drones as soon they were in weapons range. The one you’re supposed to find is the only one that doesn’t blow up.

That's right. The buoy you need is tagged as invincible so as soon as you find one which doesn't take damage, you know you've found it.

Pfft, abusing game mechanics is lame :p.
"Alpha and Bravo wings will perform a sweep of a nearby asteroid field in an attempt to locate the alien jamming equipment. You are to locate and identify the broadcast source so that it can be recovered for examination."

<Casey flies off and destroys all the buoys in the asteroid field>

"Casey! You were supposed to recover the jammer! Not destroy them!"

"Hey! It worked in the simulation..."

:/

Back