Live Long and Prosper.......R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most… human.

I think my favorite memory of Leonary Nimoy was at the Trek Expo in Tulsa in 2009 - during the audience Q&A of his appearance, some stooge came up to the mic and asked him who he thought would win in a cage fight, Spock or Data. Nimoy's response was "You're kidding."

He then proceeded to answer the question, opining that Spock would wipe the walls with Data...

I heard about it on the radio while at work. The plus side was that all day they were playing archived interview clips from him from the 60's and 70's. Star Trek had such a formative effect on my youth. I'm definitely saddened by his passing.

Back