List your school projects related to WC

Chip

Spaceman
My first project was an Art I chalk drawing of Spirit from WCI. Got an A on it.
My second project was a Rapier fighter in electronics also based on WCI's Rapier. I used LEGO bricks for the fighter and a parallel pair of pulsating LEDs for the lasers and a light in back for expended thrust. Got an A on it too.
When I was in 11th grade, were given book reports. I had chosen the WC William R. Forstchen novel Fleet Action. Using white posterboard (since it's lightweight), I had constructed scale models of the ConFed, Landreich, and Kilrathi fleets. I used straws for the guns and orange red white mix colored fuzz for drive flares and clear plastic for viewports. I even had crews and pilots too. It didn't cost much at all since I used composite materials. Now, we were required to have our projects left in the classroom. I had to hang mine up on the ceiling lights (we used a framework of lights which I had hooked the fleets and shipyards -- I had this planned out in advance, took up 1/8 of the ceiling -- I'm into extreme projects). It was cool. Other classes would come in and notice my project of WC ships soaring above them. Got an A+ on it too.

Oh, there was another project I forgot to mention, it was a fan-fic of a sortie Maniac and I did. In College Prep English class, we each were given random phrases to write about how they related to our lives. As luck would have it, mine was "Now in Sight". Well, I had played WCI, the night before and so I wrote about how he kept the fighters busy while I layed into the Fralthi. Got an A- for that too.

Hmm... I did submit a WC story once for English. It was a very, very, very, extremely loose adaptation of Shadow's final mission in WC2 (but my version took place on the Tiger's Claw for reasons I don't remember anymore, and it involved a Ralari - I'm not sure, it might have even somehow involved the "Save the Ralari" mission). It was quite lame, though I got a good mark for it...

Other than that, I nearly used WC events as examples in one of my uni exams (I study international relations). Fortunately, I snapped out of it before I actually wrote anything. Man, that would have gotten me a failing grade for sure
biggrin.gif

Of course, thinking about WC during an exam isn't really a sign of me being a WC fanatic. Rather, it happened because I hadn't played any computer games for weeks, and this was my last exam before the holidays, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I wrote a poem in the style of an epic titled "Blair and the Bomb" detailing the efforts to Temblor Kilrah.
smile.gif

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Hmm... Well, last year in Art class, we had to do our names in a 3-D style. My name ended up being an explosion with a Dragon fighter rocketing out of it ala Seether.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Dralthi, got a scan?
smile.gif

Q, it's a good thing you didn't, eh? You'd have to stop at sickbay if you had.
biggrin.gif

I'd probably have to stay in a... sick bay, DH
biggrin.gif

Back