Lil' Easter Egg

Sharpshooter

Rear Admiral
Not sure if this has been mentioned before... In Ep.1's pirate base mission, activate debug mode (type shoehorn while holding shift), use Ctrl-F12 to destroy the Base's Hangar, and see what happens. :D

Interestingly enough, I don't think it's possible to trigger this without cheating.

There's no need to hold shift.

Are you talking about the "grounded" message? Seems a bit odd, but the hangar would need to remain open for the marines later. That's pretty forward-thinking mission testing! :)

Whoops. There's indeed no need to hold shift. My bad. :)

That's not the grounded message - it's a special line from Freyers. :p

You'll have to give more detail, then. 02:35 is not a good time to be experimenting with Standoff. :(

Computer : Mission Failed.

Freyers : Which part of the word "capture" is giving you trouble, Captain? Taking that hangar out is not going to do wonders for your career, you lunatic!

EDIT : Be sure to let Squealer, Bradshaw, and Freyers finish their speech before destroying the Hangar, or you'll most likely just get the Grounded message.

It certainly used to be possible to destroy the base without cheating - when we first made this mission, the player was sent out in a torp-carrying Gladius. Ultimately we changed the loadout to give th player a chance to survive :p.

Ah, thanks. It sure makes more sense with this explanation.

I'm not sure it wasn't that hard to survive back then... Afterburner and wingmen tend to be important that missiles, and Pilum FFs really aren't that good.

Back