Let's trade war stories....

I think the better gun is the cloudburstin SO (it can take out a bug very fast), but in WCP, charging mass do the trick.
And i think a good recharge rate its important, well not if you are facing 2 or 3 bugs, but for ten...

[This message has been edited by KillerWave (edited April 04, 2000).]

Well, if you're going to change guns, why not change the amount of damage they do and the energy required? Just load up on Plasma cannons that do over 10,000 damage, and that don't use any energy.....

Earthworm said:
Well, if you're going to change guns, why not change the amount of damage they do and the energy required? Just load up on Plasma cannons that do over 10,000 damage, and that don't use any energy.....

That would be just too easy, would take out all the fun of playing WCP/SO...
I was playing SO today, facing the bugs in the ELLA mission and Spider and i where the only ones still flying and my core was damaged up to 80%, no afterburners and no missiles, i managed to kill several bugs and still land back on the Cerberus in one piece...well almost...i've got 99% damage (never got survived like this), THAT was fun.

Death's Head: Thanks for the links. And good Dust Cannons are the ones with the specs from the Wasp. The Shrike's Dust Cannons stink!

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Welcome.

The Shrike's guns aren't really the problem, well they kinda are in terms of placement; they're far from the center of the ship and not really near the Pulse Particles. The real problem with the Shrike and the Dust Cannons in that you get a short burst before the 3 guns use up all your very limited supply of energy in the gun pool.

The Wasp has a greater capicitor for the guns so they can fire longer, besides only having two of them. I feel like I can take anything on with a pair of dust cannons and cloudburst guns.

What I did with my Shrike was switch the middle dust cannon with a Pulse Particle, and moved it to the center of the y-axis.

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

Death's Head said:
The real problem with the Shrike and the Dust Cannons in that you get a short burst before the 3 guns use up all your very limited supply of energy in the gun pool.

Well that I knew already.
smile.gif
I didn't realize that having three of them was the real problem though. I figured that having a bigger (and supposedly better) ship gave it a better power plant, and was utterly dismayed when the Dust Cannons (IMHO) didn't work as well...

And again IMHO, I think the Pulse Particles suck... The space could have been better used with a Charging Mass Driver cannon or two, or maybe more missiles.

But with WCPEdit, I can do that..... (evil big grin)

------------------

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Shrike is utterly underpowered, at least it was until I modified it. The only things it has going for it is turrets, the number of guns(in some cases it may have 8 or 9 by default), and missiles.

Pulse Particles are nice, they have a range and velocity of 6500 and they use less energy than the Dust Cannon and do slightly less damage per hit. 2 Pulse Particles can do 600 cm damage per second, it they hit. The Dust Cannon only has a range of 5000 and if you miss, you are left with less blaster power.

I myself, modified my Vampire to have two tachyon guns and four pulse particles. I often lose track of how many kills I get.

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

Death's Head said:
The Shrike's guns aren't really the problem, well they kinda are in terms of placement; they're far from the center of the ship and not really near the Pulse Particles. The real problem with the Shrike and the Dust Cannons in that you get a short burst before the 3 guns use up all your very limited supply of energy in the gun pool.

IMO, the problem with the Shrike is that it's to slow and not nible enough. A heavy damage gun that requires more energy should be slaped on faster fighters because they can make much more use with it. The problem with the Shrike is that you can't keep up with your target, and you'll finaly start shoting even when it's obvious that you can't hit. And that's a sure way to waste all your gun energy.

Earthworm said:
A heavy damage gun that requires more energy should be slaped on faster fighters because they can make much more use with it. The problem with the Shrike is that you can't keep up with your target, and you'll finaly start shoting even when it's obvious that you can't hit. And that's a sure way to waste all your gun energy.

And without gun energy, it's a good way to end up dead... (big grin)

Yet another reason why I prefer to avoid whe WC:SO Vampire.

------------------

Back