Let's trade war stories....

DeltaKiller said:
Earthworm: Try that mission on Crazy or Nightmare level, then you'll understand.
I did that couple times actualy....
smile.gif
Taking out the jamming ship imedietly will help you with taking out fighters, especialy when playing on highter difficulties. All it takes are few well placed DF missiles and the ship is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so I'm addicted to going the hard road and doing what would be probably the most difficult. It seems more real to me that way. Can you blame me??
smile.gif

O.K. , O.K., I got the message, it`s a piece of cake killing Thrak. I told you I wasn`t sure how hard it was, Just trying to blend in with the thread
smile.gif

The utterly stupid way to die in WCP/WCSO: getting hit in the back by a torp lauched by the bombers you're protecting. Happened to me once while I was taking out the engine turret of a bug transport.
tongue.gif

No,no. Scratch that. Now I remember: I killed myself once with my own torpedo. I fired one at a bug capship, but at an odd angle (when that happens, the torp sort of circles the capship for another try)and circled around the capship on the other side. Guess what I slammed into.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited April 03, 2000).]

I've been slammed into by those happy 'CapShip Missile's fired by Bug CapShips... (In WC : SO) Not a good way to die. And after trying the mission some twenty times, it only made me madder...

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Well I haven't been hit with a capship missile 20 times, maybe once or twice when I started out. The absolute easiest way to kill them is the Artemis ELRIR. The next easiest is your guns.

If you still have problems turn down the alien capship missile velocity in WCPedit.

------------------
Briceland
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

Or better yet...turn it up
wink.gif

I seem to remember once playing chicken with a joined Stingray...as you can imagine, it wasn't pretty
biggrin2.gif
I've also given up counting the amount of times that BFG on the Cerberus has shot me down...

------------------
'Do what thou wilt. So mete it be'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions

Crank it up? But I already turned up every alien stat 50%. If a stat is better being reduced, I reduced it that much. I even sluggified the Confed ships and reduced recharge rates. Even halved the damage of missiles and incresed their spoof percentage. If you though nightmare was easy, try my settings.
smile.gif

Has anyone ever witnessed this little oddity?
I was playing the Defend Ella starbase mission in SO. I went after the bug capship which was firing capmisses. After having eliminated the first wave I nailed that ship at the very moment it started the second wave of missiles. The capship went BOOM! but there was one missile sitting there with no speed. I couldn't kill it neither with guns nor missiles. Even ramming it did no damage but to my fighter!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Death's Head said:
Well I haven't been hit with a capship missile 20 times, maybe once or twice when I started out. The absolute easiest way to kill them is the Artemis ELRIR. The next easiest is your guns.

If you still have problems turn down the alien capship missile velocity in WCPedit.

Death's Head said:

And how would I go about acquiring WCPedit? Does it come with Prophecy? If I knew where to find it, chances are I'd start making my own campaigns.

The absolute easiest way to kill them is the Artemis ELRIR.

And I prefer to save my ELRIRs for things like Mantas, Devil Rays, and the occasional clustered Stingray. Especially since it only takes one to take down a Stingray or a Moray. (For those extra-dicey situations)
(Big Grin)

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

I beleive you can get it from the file section here on the CIC
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

My roommate used the WC Ship Editor. It's something to do when you're bored. Ever see a Tigershark with 4 firelinked Mass Driver Cannons? That's truly evil. And yes, they could be charged. >
smile.gif

Deltakiller, it's not just to be used when bored, it's to prolong interest in the game.
Making four Charging Mass Drivers is not hard at all. Every Charger you add is automatically syncronized with the others(if any exist), however with the default charging rate, you will soon find yourself out of juice, and with the Tigershark's mediocre recharge rate, that could prove a liability.

Why not use 2-4 LRIRs? That's what you have the Pilums for. If you don't nail the CSMs before they impact, it's mission failed, if you take your time, the Stingray's will do the work of the CSMs anyway. That is, if you aren't able to do the remedial task of taking the missiles out in short order.

------------------
Briceland

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited April 04, 2000).]

Look, you charge them, and something DIES! You charge them again, something else dies. And if you're good enough, you don't care about recharge rate, you just kill them, pull out a Vodka and drink to it. Hell, wanna be inventive? Give me till later, I'll make the GREAT WC DRINKING GAME!! (That is if it hasn't been invented yet and I missed the post.)

Look, I'm in college, I'm a pending computer engineer, and I, along with my roomate were bored. That gave us a good cheering up. Anything wrong with that?

Thanks for your patience,

DeltaKiller

Whatever make you feel better I guess. I prefer more of a on-demand gun that the Charfing Mass, although I did get 140+ kills using the Shrike's 3 on one sim level in about ten minutes.

------------------
Briceland

Know what's even more fun? 4 STORMFIRES!!

"You men go northward, you southward! I'm just gonna stay right here and walk in a circle." -History of the World, Part 1

Hell, go for four Dust Cannons.
smile.gif

------------------
Briceland

Back