Less Used Ship or Space Object

Delance

Victory, you say?
Reading this thread about the Scout Frigate, I began to wonder how many times it was used, because I don’t remember seeing it often. Maybe frigates aren’t popular with mission designers. I remember the Venture Frigate being used a single time on WC1. So, is there some list with this kind of information?

Of course unique objects like the Bloodfang would be on the top, but it would be interesting to know how the non-unique ones go on the list.

Well, for 'non unique' ships (that is to say, other classes renamed) you're lower bound is one... which applies in this case.

There's plenty, especially in the original Wing Commanders where ships were given specific variations depending on the mission (ie, there's one mission with a Drayman Courier, there's one with a Dorkir Command Ship, etc.).

Fitting with the Scout are the WC3 'frigate' and 'mine layer', both of which are one off renamings of the Coventry-type destroyer model.

Venture falls short of one appearance, though, because it subs for the captured Exeter in SNES Secret Missions and then appears a few times in Super Wing Commander.

Back