LEGO Longbow and clay Arrow

I built a UE Scimitar once, but that was a couple of years ago or something (a few months after UE came out). It has since been decompiled and built into other things (a month or so after I built it). Sorry never took pics.

As for colors, yeah that is next to impossible to work with when you have limited supplies. That fact that you have the color-code as symmetrical as it is is amazing.

A megablocks carrier or destroyer, though, would provide losts of pieces with the same color for a build. Of course, that is not something anyone would want to decompile after building it.

Death said:
VF-103 picked up the "Jolly Rogers" squadron name, but the black tailfin with skull and crossbones is gone, replaced by a low-visibility white (sorta) skull and crossbones on the gray (or whatever the color's technical name is, I forget offhand) that covers the entire plane.

They have at least one aircraft with black tailfin and skull, squadron commander's one IIRC

I used to make ships of out of lego too and then put a firecracker inside them and set up the video camera. It was good fun. Then I got some steel tubing from school. I made an aluminium plug with a hole to stick the fuse through and then made some projectiles out of turned aluminium. Very very good fun and boy did it shoot.

I remember building a lego Dralthi as a kid and I was so damn proud. Then I got in trouble for blowing pieces off it when I figured out how to build a gun from a technic kit (which is even more fun if you get a hold of those 'turtle' style kits for technic to build a motion triggered "rail gun")

Dominator said:
They have at least one aircraft with black tailfin and skull, squadron commander's one IIRC

That would be correct. Squadrons are allowed to have 1 full color bird. All the rest have to be low IR. Or what I call " That UGLY fucking puke gray that doesn't make it any less visible anyway."

Thats pretty darned cool. I remember i built a dragon once out of legos once, complete with folding wings, and about 2 foot long. It must have been from the same squadron, given the color schene it had.

Akrovah said:
Thats pretty darned cool. I remember i built a dragon once out of legos once, complete with folding wings, and about 2 foot long. It must have been from the same squadron, given the color schene it had.

How come you didn't take a picture? :(

TopGun said:
They look pretty cool Tim

Hey, where have you been for the last three months?

ChrisReid said:
Well, the Arrow picture doesn't need to be any bigger, but as it is, it's pretty blurry. There's no reason for a 1600x1200 picture to be 5 megs. You can easily jpeg it or resize that down below 250k.

yeah i know that was a while back but i just now caught it. but anyways. there's a very good reason if you're using a 7.2 megapixel camera :) the pictures really are about 1-5mb each. but at the time i didn't think about editing it a bit to make it smaller cuz i was a hurry to get it posted. but i'll remember that for the next time :)

TurboTim07 said:
yeah i know that was a while back but i just now caught it. but anyways. there's a very good reason if you're using a 7.2 megapixel camera :) the pictures really are about 1-5mb each.

That's not a good reason at all. :) I said, "There's no reason for a 1600x1200 picture to be 5 megs." That's entirely true. Even uncompressed on your camera, those pictures aren't going to be larger than about a megabyte. A 7 megapixel camera generates 3000x2000 pixel images, and those will max out about 3 megabytes. The point of what I said, however, is that even a 1600x1200 picture can be nicely jpg'd down to 400 kilobytes and retain its high quality. A 300 kilobyte 1280x960 image would be even better. It doesn't matter what size image your camera shoots.

ok. ok. i yield :p but i just realized my longbow pictures are scanned. the arrow picture though was a digital camera picture. i think i had posted clearer pictures of the longbow before but i don't remember... i'll have to see if i can't find them again

Back