Leaving a man alive

Chernikov

Spaceman
Is there any way for the privateer who talks to you as you start Tayla's last mission to survive? Ive tried everything I can think of and it all results in me having to kill him or his cronies waxing me.

I don't know, but I don't think so. Personally, I never worried much about trying to leave him alive. After all, I'm supposed to be a ruthless privateer and all that
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Chernikov said:
Is there any way for the privateer who talks to you as you start Tayla's last mission to survive? Ive tried everything I can think of and it all results in me having to kill him or his cronies waxing me.

It is possible to make it out without engaging Riordian (hint: "Run like the wind"), but why? If you don't like fighting in asteroids (and who does? especially when talking about the WC1-Priv rock fields), then don't answer him till you get clear of the 'roids. He and his group doesn't become hostile till either a) you talk with him, or b) you auto-pilot to the next nav point. (IIRC on the latter one... been a bit since I've played that mission.)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited August 05, 2000).]

Uh, sounds painful Silent.

I hate being a cadet BTW
frown.gif

No neat lil icon

I guess this is one of the few places where words speak louder than actions man.
smile.gif

Got past it, apparently Tayla doesnt have anything to say about you waxing him. If you choose to stay and fight than it is possible to nail him in a Tarsus, as until he tells you that youre a dead man he will patiently let you shoot him in the back. Shields down, a pair of missiles up the tail, and on to more profitable game. Although that is beyond cowardly...

Back