Latest Fan Project Attempts to Mod Half Life (August 23, 2000)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
A fellow by the nick of Rambo is leading a new mod for Half Life called "Space." It features a major Wing Commander component and draws from several other major franchises.
The mod is called "SPACE: A Space combat flight simulator for Half-Life." Weplan on having Wing Commander ships, Babylon 5 ships, and Star Wars ships. The current beta plan is as follows.Beta 1 will include the following as of now:Basic stuff coded (hud, physics, ect...)Deathmatch modeThe Hellcat V (WC)The X Wing (SW)The Tie Fighter(SW)The Starfury (B5)BasesBeta 2:Team DeathmatchMaps that take place on the planets' surface4 new shipsBeta 3:Capital ShipsMission Based Team multiplayer modeWe're gonna try to get the first beta out in 3 to 6 months with each betaafter that taking 2 months. This is not set in stone. The major problem isthat we need people. Right now I have one coder and one mapper. We need peoplewho can do textures, models, maps, code. Anyone interested can contact me atTexmurph@optonline.net. We also have a basic website up at http://www.angelfire.com/games2/HLspace/. That will be updated as we have more info. If you have any questions e-mail me. Thank you for your time.
Their website was just updated with newer information. There are also various screenshots and more. You can find it here.

--
Original update published on August 23, 2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Back