Last mission of winning path questions

-danr-

Vice Admiral
Was hoping somebody could help me answer some questions on my second-favourite Standoff mission (my favourite being 'Lashing Out')

- What event prompts Stingray to declare an end to the mission? Is it Thrak being shot down? Perhaps he makes the call when the Morningstars are all out of Torps?

- Is the Hakaga indestructible in this mission? The others have all gone up in smoke just fine...but I don't even seem to be able to Shoehorn this one to death.

- Will your wingmen attack Thrakhath? Or are they set to leave him for you, the 'attack my target' command prompted a negative from Cougar...

Thanks.

Let's see if I can remember all of these....some might be inaccurate Quarto can fill in where I mess up.

The mission gets called off when you: a) lose too many bombers, b) run out of torps and c) if you lose too many wingmen in general...

I forget if we made some components invulnerable, but I want to say no we didn't. It's just extremely difficult to do. Again though, Q would know exactly.

You are correct. Your wingmen will not engage Thrakhath whatsoever. It's like in the earlier ep5 missions when they will not engage the Vatari ace.

There are two ways you can get the retreat order - either you have completed the mission (which does not require you to kill everything, you just have to accomplish all the objectives), or you haven't got any torpedoes left and cannot complete the mission (in this case, obviously, losing friendly bombers also means losing torpedoes).

As for your other two questions - you are right on both counts.

The objectives are what the objectives screen says they are :). In that particular case, it says "damage", not "destroy".

(
You really don't have enough torpedo-carriers in this mission to destroy the Hakaga - even had the ship not been invulnerable, it just plain never gets killed. IIRC, I wanted it to be invulnerable mainly so I wouldn't have to worry about people shoehorning it and then complaining about the game ignoring their achievement ;) )

Thanks - and the invulnerability idea was understandable, good foresight into fans' reaction.

As an experiment, I tried switching all the Rapiers in this mission for Crossbows, we still failed, and the en-route dogfight with all those bombers took a long time.

One more question if I may...

Fair enough if you don't want to answer this: In which TRE might I find the Bloodhound? I've extracted all the other ships from the Stan__e1(to 5) TREs but no sign of Thrakhath's ship, same was true for the Arrow but I found it in the Stan_Sim TRE I think...

I want to take the
Bloodhound
through the Confed fighter gauntlet :p

and just to be clear, I don't submit my sim scores to the scoreboard, since I've been tinkering with the ships it would be cheating :)

Fair enough if you don't want to answer this: In which TRE might I find the Bloodhound? I've extracted all the other ships from the Stan__e1(to 5) TREs but no sign of Thrakhath's ship, same was true for the Arrow but I found it in the Stan_Sim TRE I think...
Well, the Bloodhound you won't find anywhere - but you might find the Bloodfang in stan_sim.tre :).

and just to be clear, I don't submit my sim scores to the scoreboard, since I've been tinkering with the ships it would be cheating :)
Hehe, that's all right, your score wouldn't get submitted anyway, the game checks if you've been tinkering with your ships :).

If the Hakaga is not destructible in this mission, then do the AI-controlled bombers at least have the sense not to waste their torpedoes on indestructible components?

If the Hakaga is not destructible in this mission, then do the AI-controlled bombers at least have the sense not to waste their torpedoes on indestructible components?

Well, since it's an objective to damage the Hakaga, there's no harm in your colleagues throwing in some Torps - we don't have enough bombers to take it down completely, but you can bash it up pretty good.

Thanks for the TRE advice, Quarto, found the Bloodfang.

Sorry, I thought that it meant that some of the components were invulnerable to damage (and thus any torpedoes used on them would be wasted).

Back