KS Problems in Win2000Pro

Loozer

Rear Admiral
When attempting to play WC1 on KS, in windows2000. I tried right-clicking the execution folder for WC1 and clicking on properties and there is no compatiblity binder at all in the properties window.
I tried downloading SP2, wondering if this produces the compatiblity binder, but I get a service pack setup error claiming that my version of windows 2000 that I installed does not match the update i'm trying to install.
Is this a microsoft problem or a fault of my own? Any suggestions on this matter will be great!
On a side note WC3 and WC2 on KS executes fine. No problems at all.

When attempting to play WC1 on KS, in windows2000. I tried right-clicking the execution folder for WC1 and clicking on properties and there is no compatiblity binder at all in the properties window.
I tried downloading SP2, wondering if this produces the compatiblity binder, but I get a service pack setup error claiming that my version of windows 2000 that I installed does not match the update i'm trying to install.
Is this a microsoft problem or a fault of my own? Any suggestions on this matter will be great!
On a side note WC3 and WC2 on KS executes fine. No problems at all.

Compatability mode in win2000 needs to be enabled with a command line entry. And you have to have SP4 installed.

1. Make sure you are running SP4 with the latest version of everything (drivers and directx).
2. If you have not yet, run this command in start > run: regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll
3. Create a shortcut to the file you want to run
4. Bring up the shortcut's properties (right-click menu) and enable Windows 95 compatibility mode (which will now be enabled from the above step)
5. Run the program *using the shortcut*

So you need an updated 2K, you have to turn on compatibility mode via command line entry, and then you can only enable compatibility mode via a shortcut link.

Thanks, I did exactly as you instructed and the game worked fine. I should have looked back at past postings on this matter. I kept thinking it was service pack 2 not 4. Your help has been very appreciated. BTW what exactly is that command, that produced the compatiblity binder in the properties window? You don't have to answer I was just curious. Thanks! again AD.

Back