Kilrathi vs.Nephilim

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=\/\/olf=-

Spaceman
You people problem already had a thread like this, but imp just wondering personally who did you think was harder to fly against the Kilrathi or the Nephilim?

Definately against the Kilrathi. I made far more kills in WCP/SOPS than in Wc1 and 2 combined because the bug ships really suck.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 07-16-2001 at 13:16]

the kilrathi were way harder to fight than the nephilm. the kilrathi had an empire near us, the nephilm had a bunch of scouting forces

Originally posted by $tormin
the kilrathi were way harder to fight than the nephilm. the kilrathi had an empire near us, the nephilm had a bunch of scouting forces

I wonder if the Nephilim would be stronger then the Kilrathi if they had a empire near us like the Kilrathi did?

Originally posted by -=\/\/olf=-
Originally posted by $tormin

I wonder if the Nephilim would be stronger then the Kilrathi if they had a empire near us like the Kilrathi did?

well if they needed a huge gate to get to us, that means that they must have a honking big empire. we would be squished like bugs

Kilrathi seemed more difficult. The K' of the W3 time frame had AM guns which would shred a careless ship -- nothing like that on the N vessels! Also, the K had Strakha cloaked fighters which were purty neat, and more difficult than anything the Nephilem came up with.

Be that as it may, Mantas or Devil Rays could probably go
through most Kilrathi equipment in a hurry.

Respectfully,
Brian P.

In a similar class ship-to-ship, the Kilrathi would win hands down. The Nep have strength in depth though, and could overwhelm their foes with superior numbers.

Originally posted by Fishbone
Never saw the Kilrathi producing a 'ship-killer'. So their technology seems less good than the Nephilim one.

Neither have the bugs a 22km long dreadnought (or at least we haven't seen it yet) ;)...

Originally posted by Earthworm
Nephilim have quite a few strong ships. (...)

The Devil Ray and...? OK, the Manta was maybe in WCP an almost equal foe but in SOPS it got outclassed by every new fighter.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 07-16-2001 at 19:06]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
The Devil Ray and...? OK, the Manta was maybe in WCP an almost equal foe but in SOPS it got outclassed by every new fighter.
Most of their capships are pretty good, the Manta is better than a lot of the fighters we see in SO, the Squid would be a very effective fighter if the dumb AI knew how to use it effectivly. Same goes for the clustered ships.

No way! Kats would kick the bugs ass as long as they had equal number of ships... In the game they were smashed 'cause the bugs atacked them with a large amount of fighters and capital ships. The strange thing is, it was so easy for the Confederation to end the Nephilim menace with so few resources... True or false ?

The Nephilim are obviously less powerful than the Kilrathi. I mean, one carrier (albeit a big one) stopped the entire invasion. I think the Nephilim would have an advantage had their fleet made it through the wormhole. They already heavily outnumbered Confed with their scout force. Imagine the invasion force...

But ship vs. ship, The Kilrathi were better than the Nephilim. With equal numbers, the bugs don't stand a chance. They apparently knew that, hence the gigantic scouting fleet.

Originally posted by Fishbone
Never saw the Kilrathi producing a 'ship-killer'. So their technology seems less good than the Nephilim one.

I agree that there technology is supieror. ButI think the reason for the Kilrathi being more stronger in space combat is because of there high respect for glory and honor.
I also think they screwed up the AI a bit too but the bugs have some mean cap ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back