Kilrathi Saga up for sale

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Looks like it's missing the manual (which is the best reason for buying Kilrathi Saga), the reference card and the CD cases.
 

Bakhtosh

Spaceman
I've alway wondered if my Kilrathi Saga package I bought once at ebay is complete or not...

It contains:
- the gamebox (front with claw grasping burning kilrah an dralthis chasing excaliburs)
- one manual for the three games (128 pages)
- flight guide (front cover from the first CD case)
- calendar 1997/2673
- installation guide
- reference card
- chririchan pirate clan flight badge (probably only a priv2 giveaway)
- 5 CD cases with backcovers (the small sides with the numbers together are building the picture described above for the gamebox)

Is the package complete or is something missing ?
 

Bakhtosh

Spaceman
A big map of star systems ?

No - if it is a standard part of Kilrathi Saga it was missing in my package :mad:
However - I only wanted to know if my package is complete or not...
 

Bakhtosh

Spaceman
Thanks for the info ! :)

Good to know that it was a good decision to buy it back in 1998. At the time I thought I was mad to pay 60$ plus shipping costs for a game package with games, that I already own as DOS versions. But if you take into account what you would have to pay today...

Didn't remember the Prophecy map. But it's really nice (just looked the first time into the Prophecy box for a long time)...
 

Mekt-Hakkikt

Mpanty's bane
Bakhtosh said:
(...)

Good to know that it was a good decision to buy it back in 1998. At the time I thought I was mad to pay 60$ plus shipping costs for a game package with games, that I already own as DOS versions. But if you take into account what you would have to pay today...
(...)

Yeah, I wish I had been that smart, grr! :) When I first saw Kilrathi Saga in a store, it was second hand for 50 DM. I thought, that'd be too much for games I already own. The next day I reconsidered, went down to the store but the used one was sold. There was a brand new one - for 110 DM! But that was far too much money for me at that time.
Then, 7 years later, I paid over 130 € for it - and to add to the misery, I was rather disappointed with the manual.
But KS must not be missing from a WC collection.

I also had bad luck with the Propjecy map - I bought the Australian version of WCP and the American WCP Gold version and both did not include the map. Only some months ago did I get a German WCP with the map. I thought about laminating (paper's so thin) it but I fear that it is too big or will get damaged in the process.
 

Cyrus79

Spaceman
100 quid!! Blimey, is it really worth that much??

I might have to dig mine out, I'm sure I've got every part to it somewhere.

Knowing my luck the ol' man probably threw out the box, he has this tendancy to do that.
 

Don

Rear Admiral
£99.99 is that good or bad?

I agree with Cyrus, almost a hundred pounds for a very popular compilation that is way past its prime. As far as i know thats more than the original price the KS costed when first released so a great deal indeed.
 

Cyrus79

Spaceman
I don't think I paid anywhere near that from what I remember. It was more along the lines of £19.99 or something like that from a Virgin store.

I think this maybe a case of Ebay here we come!
 

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Just out of curiousity, what is driving the high prices on the Kilrathi Saga? Is it because they just didn't manufacture all that many packages? Seems like there should be enough on the market to keep the price much lower... At any rate, its something that EA and/or the various game magazines should take note of. The average price of a copy of Kilrathi Saga on ebay might be indicative of the level of interest that is out there...
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
I think its that Kilrathi Saga didn't sell as well as EA had hoped which prevented a larger/second print run.

I don't know if games work the same way as books but do unsold games get sent back to the publisher if they don't sell?
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
LeHah said:
I think its that Kilrathi Saga didn't sell as well as EA had hoped which prevented a larger/second print run.

Kilrathi Saga did get a second/larger print run, but the number of copies is circulation is still relatively low.

LeHah said:
I don't know if games work the same way as books but do unsold games get sent back to the publisher if they don't sell?

Fairly rarely. It depends on the individual contract between the retailer and the publisher. I don't think EA takes back unsold stuff.
 

Patton

Spaceman
On the surface, KS seems like a great deal, but the WC2 port is horribly bugged, and it is nearly impossible to get WC3 to run correctly under XP. Honestly, I found it easier just to get the original versions of WC1, 2, and 3 to run under DOSBox than to try to get KS to work right.

Then again, WC2 isn't the same after experiencing the vulcan Mass Drivers on the ferret and Broadsword in the KS version. They literally shot three times as fast as they should, and I think it was only for the craft you were flying. It made some of the Sabre vs Gothri fights tame, as you ripped the cats to pieces with your GAU-8 mass driver.
 

Lt.Death100

Spaceman
Patton said:
On the surface, KS seems like a great deal, but the WC2 port is horribly bugged, and it is nearly impossible to get WC3 to run correctly under XP. Honestly, I found it easier just to get the original versions of WC1, 2, and 3 to run under DOSBox than to try to get KS to work right.

Then again, WC2 isn't the same after experiencing the vulcan Mass Drivers on the ferret and Broadsword in the KS version. They literally shot three times as fast as they should, and I think it was only for the craft you were flying. It made some of the Sabre vs Gothri fights tame, as you ripped the cats to pieces with your GAU-8 mass driver.
They played just fine for me and I have XP.
 
Top