Kilrathi Saga trouble

Deadman_ny

Spaceman
I've played KS a few times on ME/XP and it always ran fine. Now I'm doing the replay on Vista and there is an some issue... The game installs and plays fine for the most part but when in a dogfight my computer seems to slow down especially when I'm against 3-4 enemy fighters. More so if i'm taking fire and the 'pallet flash' is working, the frame rate just drops it seems. Played through WC1 like this and am now on SM1; and I can't stand it anymore! It's hard to enjoy the game like this. I have the SNES versions of the game but wanted to play through KS and keep the stats and such.
What gives? I have a duel 3gig cpu and 4 gig's of ram running on vista with a Nvidia 8800. I set the compatability mode for win 95. The game and sound are all fine, but my system just can't seem to handle rendering 4+ ships and all the firing they do at once. The game hasn't crashed/locked up once.
What do I do to fix this???
Yes I tried yelling/swearing at my computer....no effect. :(

Mine's doing the same under Vista, and sometimes the flash of taking a hit looks like the"ship jumping in" flash instead. I figure I just need to fiddle with some compatibility options.

Ya, the the red pallet flash is replaced by the jump sometimes.
Is there a way to disable the pallet flash in WC1? Alt-O ins't working. ;)

ROFL
From what LOAF tells me i'm better off with the DOS versions. The irony...:( Then I have to find DOS copies of SM1-SM2 but I already played through WC1... And the copy of WC1 dos I have is on 5" floppies and my comp doesn't even have a flop drive! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!:eek:

ROFL
From what LOAF tells me i'm better off with the DOS versions. The irony...:( Then I have to find DOS copies of SM1-SM2 but I already played through WC1... And the copy of WC1 dos I have is on 5" floppies and my comp doesn't even have a flop drive! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!:eek:

Just look for the deluxe CD versions that come with the secret missions packs

Yeah, i wanted to do a replay too. So now trolling for WC1 cd version WITH sm1-sm2. So I thought...eh i'll just go on to WC2 while I'm looking... Wrong KS-WC2 is just the opposite. Everything runs way too fast! This time I have CD Dos version of WC2 so I can load it on Dos-box but now I have to find the add-ons and my joystick acting is funny.
Completly defeats the point of what I wanted to do though. Play through WC1-2 and carry over the stats. Nothing is ever easy. :(
Have found that WC3-WCP run much better with .ISO's of the original cd's burned to a HD. No more game skiping when the CD spins up for reading, and no having to keep changing CD's . :)
Ebay bound I be baby!
Does anyone know of a fix for Kilrathi Saga? What agout changing DX settings and reducing hardware acceleration; sound/vid? Used to know how to find the program but in vista and dx10.
Any suggestions please.

Your best bet really is to just search for a Deluxe edition of WC1 on CD. I lucked out a few months ago and found WC1/2 Deluxe on one CD. Just keeping check ebay and the other places for it. I got my copy for $14 w/ shipping although some whackos do sell copies for ridiculous prices.

Well just got my copy of KS today and im running it on vista and it works good i dont even get slow down the only thing i do get is the white jump flash when i get hit and i havent changed any settings:p oh and this is my first time playin WC1 on a pc used to play it on a amiga now is it just me or was the sound a lot beter on the amiga?

ok there I was braging just tried to play wing 3 and it was going great until the movies started pausing and theres nothing you can do and it seems to be random!!

Misery loves company. :)
Have you tried yelling at the computer? Seldom works but eh. ;) You'll feel better. Or trying to burn an ISO image of KS to your hd and mounting it? A program called Power ISO can copy and mount and you don't have to worry bout juggling cd's and fingerprits ect.

OMGF...never said I was the brightest hick here but I got WC1-KS working. :D
When I poped the comp open to screw with the network card and cleaned the dust off the CPU heatsink. For shits and giggles I tried to run SM1 again and found that I wasn't just getting old and couldn't shoot. Starcraft, WCP even Call to Duty 4 ran fine but my computer couldn't handle WC1... Runs great now though and I'm on SM2! :)

"I'm boning up on my periodic table of elements."

Back