Kilrathi Saga Problems

Fatcat

Swabbie
Banned
I just downloaded the CIC's copies of SM1 and 2 for the Kilrathi Saga, and they appeared to work with my standalone copy of WC1 KS, but as soon as I get to the "Start Campaign" screen, the game immediatly crashes. No message, just crashes. Anyone have this problem or a solution?

Worst-case scenario: back up your important files on cd/dvd or external HDD, and format your main drive, then reinstall WC:KS.

Favourable scenario: backup your save files, and reinstall the game. ;)

Going by this, you can see I'm definitely not l337, but for me it saves time and hassle if that's all that needs to be done.

Buying a copy of DOS WC1 and expansions for $10-15 sounds like a lot less hassle than reformatting your computer and reinstalling everything just to play one game.

Buying a copy of DOS WC1 and expansions for $10-15 sounds like a lot less hassle than reformatting your computer and reinstalling everything just to play one game.

Yes, I have the shiny Delux edition and Dosbox. But I can never get it to run properly. Whenever I get anywhere near another ship, the game actually lags. The KS version is perfectly smooth, and I will try re-installing it.

Did you adjust the cycles? You just up dosbox to about 3500-4000 cycles and the game runs at full speed.

Back