Just wondering...

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Anyone yet come up w/ a mod that "ports" the WC1/2/3/4 ships to Prophecy engine, so as to be able to replay the grand old games in a "new" graphix engine (minus the cutscenes--and FMV of 3 & 4--, I imagine)?...

Mainly interested in WC1-2, of course, since the graphics R so primitive by today's (or even 1997's) standards.

Anyone?...

People have converted or modelled ships from the older games, but I think they're concentrating on creating new missions than duplicating the originals.

Yep, as far as I know, I'm the guy who has created the most Vision engine versions of WC1-2 ships. I have no intention of 'porting' the old games, though, since I doubt I'd be able to capture half of what made them so great... I'd rather tell my own stories, but keep them to the WC1-2 time period :)

--Eder

Thanks again :)
This may be a letdown, but the other cockpits look exactly the same, except with different weapons displays (and in the future different struts), though.

--Eder

has anyone actually tried implementing the full cockpit via stupidly large strut models that we discussed at some point long ago?

Well, not that I know of. However, it probably wouldn't be a problem (though making the strut models themselves would of course require some work). I'm not sure, but this might be sort of what Eder's planning to do.

What exactly are these stupidly large strut models that you discussed at some point long ago? It sounds innovative, so I might be willing to give it a shot :D

--Eder

I think he's talking about makeing high detail cockpit meshes, which would have a high poly count compared to the crappy low poly existing ones.

Originally posted by Eder
This may be a letdown, but the other cockpits look exactly the same, except with different weapons displays (and in the future different struts), though.
As long as the VDUs, gauges, etc are arranged as in the original, I'm sure we won't be disappointed. :)

So Eder , only the RapierII has a new cocpit huh??Well it doesnt matter.Looks like RapierII is your favorite ship....

:cool:

Eder do you have any other pics just like these Jalthis and Krant and Dralthis Ive found ?? They are perfect.:cool:

Back