Just installed for 1st time and trying it out - 2 questions..

1st... thanks for everyone that put tehre time into this. I myself make homebrew adventure games and have a understanding just how monumental a task it is to motivate and get work done on these freeware projects.

Great work guys.

Anyway... I can nto seam to see a "mission select" area.... I installed the secret ops off teh site and then the 1-4 pack and then the ep 5 pack...

When I booted the game the first mission was some pirates kidnapings people and a broken hearted guy talking about lost love... so... IS this episode 1?

Also I know in wc1 and 2 it was like this but 3 allowed us to turn off the cockpits and just have teh heads up displays, the only thing I liked in the 3+ over the originals.. so.. Is there a way to turn off the cockpits?.. F1 dose not seam to work

Again thanks so much for your work on this.. really great stuff

Yes, you've entered Episode 1. As for cockpits, there is no shortcut key to turn them off. However, you can turn them off from the options menu - select "special effects", and clear out the "cockpit struts" checkbox.

oh.... I see there is a 2nd options menu by hitting ESC in flight or on the ship.. cool thanks... and thanks for reassuring me that i am playing the start of the game.

Also another question... but i understand if this can not be answered. I use a Logitech Mouse that has a number of buttons on it. (7 or so)... When I normaly play a game i assign keyboard short cuts to these buttons for quick and easy acess while playing... for example... I would like to assign "u" to one of these buttons.. and "e" .. you get the idea.

Anyway, I assign these buttons using SETPOINT the logitech mouse software... but for some reason.. i have nvr seen b4, these do not work in the game. I suppose it has something to do with the engine being so old or something...

Anyway.. I was wondering if you guys know of a 3rd party command assigning application to work on my mouse for assigning hotkeys to my mouse buttons? Kind of like say a joystick keyboard mapper.. but for a mouse... not 100% needed but would be ubr cool.

Thanks again for you help.

Hmm, definitely no idea about that. The game engine is pretty old, and back then most games didn't bother to support alternate keyboard/mouse/joystick configurations. I suppose there may be some third-party applications out there that allow you to map keyboard keys to mouse buttons, but I've never tried looking for anything like that, so...

yea thats cool... just wierd setpoint didn't work.. i must not have been clear I was asking about a 3rd party thing... it was just a side thought really... everything is working now.

That sounds like something is wrong with how the mapping software is talking to the mouse. I've used mapped buttons on my mouse before. Does the mapping app know that set is for Secret Ops/Standoff?

At the very least I think mice has a default mapping (Left - fire guns, right - target lock?, scroll wheel - fire missiles).

well the mapping software needs you to select the EXE that is currently the foreground app... I have t set on on setpoint.exe.... is that the correct one.. or should i use the "secretops.exe"

I'll just try all the exe's and get back to you... maybe that is it.

Hey guys... is there a faq or something on the mission tree for this (dose it have a mission tree? I assume it would as everything else is in this "addon").. anyway been blown away by this mod...

Still i was wondering in the first episode (I am in 2 now) There were to points were you were aked to make choices..
one was to rescue your x-girlfriend, or leave her hanging in space at the end, the other was to join the pirates
.... can you infact choose they options and have them affect teh rest of teh episodes?

Yes, these choices affect the rest of the game. Of course, a pirate's career is not necessarily a long one ;). But the Sparrow thing - that's gonna affect things all the way to the end of Episode 5. You'll still meet Sparrow again in Episode 2, regardless of which choice you make, but there's gonna be some differences in how Bradshaw deals with her.

Looking back, I wish we could have spared more effort to rounding out those choice-based differences, making them more pronounced - but ultimately, that would have taken effort away from getting the Battle of Terra right, so something had to give.

But the Sparrow thing - that's gonna affect things all the way to the end of Episode 5.
Really? I thought things settle down after
Spoons dies
. Does that mean if I play all the way through from the beginning and take a different choice with Sparrow in Episode 1, I'll have a different ending in Episode 5, a different end movie?

Really? I thought things settle down after
Spoons dies
. Does that mean if I play all the way through from the beginning and take a different choice with Sparrow in Episode 1, I'll have a different ending in Episode 5, a different end movie?
No, no, the ending movies are the same. The two diverging Sparrow paths almost merge at the point that you mention, but there is at least one cutscene (and maybe something else that I don't remember) in Episode 5 that has different voices depending on the Sparrow choice.

well the mapping software needs you to select the EXE that is currently the foreground app... I have t set on on setpoint.exe.... is that the correct one.. or should i use the "secretops.exe"

I'll just try all the exe's and get back to you... maybe that is it.

It should be set to Standoff.exe (or Secretops.exe if it's not showing Standoff...but I'm pretty sure it should) That's why the mappings aren't working for you.

As for Mission Trees....this thread has some mission trees I created for the Standoff guide I am slowly (ok very slowly) working on. The first ones are inaccurate so you need to scroll down a bit to find the most up-to-date ones.

I'd recommend not peaking at them until you have finished the game though...

Back