Just finish Privateer. Now what?

Originally posted by redwolf
Did anyone think P2's atmosphere felt like Bladerunner's (the movie)?
Do NOT insult Blade Runner! Not if you want to live another day...

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I'm kind of stuck without knowing what to do next here...

I just finished the last "exploration" mission, where you land onboard this weird alien ship, and take the Steltek gun from the crashed fighter...

The drone pursued me... but I managed to land back on Rygannon...

Now what, though? :confused:

Your next step is to find a mining base outside of the Rygannon system to find Capt. Goodin. She will give you instructions to haul butt to Perry to talk to Admiral Terrel. From there you will continue the plot. Just find ANY mining base OUTSIDE of Rygannon, the nearest mining base is in Nexus.

RFB

Grrrr.... RFB!!! :mad:
Nexus is in an asteroid field!!!
I was on full AB to escape the drone, when I reached the base I hit the big rock, and blew up in a million pieces! LOL

Thanks anyways, I'll try what you said! (on a different mining base, e.g. Rikel which is two jumps away from Perry! :p )

Ya thats the only problem with Nexus, asteroids at the base! Sorry I forgot to mention that! But you can activate the invulnerability while you travel to find a mining base to keep from getting blown away by the drone or asteroids, just make shure you switch the invulnerability off before you land and talk to Capt. Goodin.

RFB

You can move your flightstick up and down or side to side real fast to avoid the asteroid generator from resetting fast enough. Dispite what others may say, it actually works to avoid hitting the asteroids. Try that if you dont want to activate the invulnerability mode.

If you have some IR missiles, fire a couple at the drone to make it fly away from you, it will evade the missiles and that may be time enough to get to the jump point or land.

RFB

FINISHED!!!! GAME OVER!

And drone into a million pieces! :cool:

Eh eh... funny thing, when you got your medal, if you talk to the Admiral again, he'll list all the game producers, editors, testers, special thanks etc. etc. :D

You know, by asking here you missed out half the fun, mpanty.

I actually ran away for about half the sector (strangely enough, I seemed to miss every single mining base :)), desperately trying to outrun the drone, firing potshots at it from my rear plasma guns and so on, before I came up with the idea... "Yes, that's it! I'll go to Kilrathi space, it'll never follow me there! And I can refuel at that mining base!"
Needless to say, there was somebody else at the mining base, too :).

Didn't quite understand that last, Q.

Originally posted by RFBurns
Despite what others may say, it actually works to avoid hitting the asteroids.
It works... only most of the time. Sooner or later, a stray asteroid remains in memory, and then - SPLAT! - bye bye Grayson. :( So I don't use that technique.

Well, it's quite simple - running away from the drone, without knowing what the hell to do about it, is my idea of fun :). Well, maybe not exactly fun, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It just adds so much to the game, trying to figure out how to get away from it. Crazy ploys like leading it into a pack of Kilrathi and hoping they'll kill it, or at least it will stop to kill them... the times when it finally disappears from your radar, only to reappear the next time you take off... the drone is basically supposed to be frustrating, so if you ask here about how to deal with it, you miss out on a lot of good gameplay :).

Originally posted by Quarto
I've been promising myself that the next time I get back to Privateer I'll cash in my Centurion and get meself a Galaxy instead. But of course, there's hardly any incentive to play Priv these days. Not meaning to offend any Priv fanatics ;). It's just that once you finish the storyline, all you can do is fly around making money. Boring.

I agree, something that could have made it a bit more fun would be if you could buy a lot more different things. For example having the abbillity to buy your own asteroid mining base and being able to buy upgrades for it, beter defences a fighter squadron. Or just being able to buy a house on a planet and furnishing it with antieks or something.
Posessing stuf is cool.

It would take you quite a while to earn enough credits to buy your own base. By the time you did that, the next Wing Commander game would probably be out. :)

I liked Priv1's ending, it was plain and simple and getting rid of that drone was so liberating.
And I agree, being chased around by the drone is very thrilling.

BTW: I don't recall, what's so funny about RF's ending? Of course it would spoil the fun for mpanty/john if you tell me.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 05-29-2001 at 05:31]

Originally posted by WildWeasel
It would take you quite a while to earn enough credits to buy your own base. By the time you did that, the next Wing Commander game would probably be out. :)

That's the point let the public keep ammasing wealth (in the game) in time for you to put the next game on the market. That way they won't be tempted to buy another space sim.

For instance I liked Daggerfall a lot because besides being a goood game you could buy your own house and boat. It would have been better if you could actually do something usefull with them.

I just like it when in games they combine the ordenary (buying a house, getting drunk, getting married, going to the toilet or in short ordenary life) with the extraordenary.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
(...)
Of course it would spoil the fun for mpanty/john if you tell me.
Wouldn't you like that, now would you? :D

In Righteous Fire... 300,000 credits for that Shield Regenerator thingy!!! :eek:
I can understand now why some people suggested to pile up some credits from the previous game (yah, completing missions is easier with the Steltek gun <G> )...

[Edited by mpanty on 05-29-2001 at 13:17]

Back