Just a little something...

Metras

Spaceman
Everyone has their own personal opinion..
But... what do you think-

What do YOU think is the Overall, Best, Capital Ship (consider it from a 1 vs 1 battle between other Capital Ships, and who would be THE Victor).

No Race limitations.

?

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Personally... if it was just a Capital Ship duel... I'd stick with the Ves...
wink.gif

(even with my countermaning with the Midway..)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kilrathi dreadnought of course, it's the most powerful ship to date in wc.

------------------
Zohrath.

http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

Silent Warrior- Orca doesen't have a fleet plasma cannon.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Yes the shipkiller-Kraken, and the dreadnought-Tiamat have the fleet plasma cannon. (and now the Midway)

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Even with the relatively big capital ships in WCP, the overall, best capital ship was the Kilrathi dreadnought. That thing was freakin enormous even in the WC3 game engine, and it scared the crap out of me. Ok, so it was designed in the game so that you couldn't destroy it, but just the idea of a ship 22km long is enough to scare most anybody in a fighter isn't even a 1000th of the huge ship. I loved the Gilgamesh class destroyers from WC2...those ships were awesome at taking out the Kilrathi Ralatha destroyers and anything else it was supposed to take out. I think the worst cap ship ever was the Behemoth (for obvious reasons). And one of the cap ships that was overlooked was the Waterloo class cruiser in the WC2 universe....(making its appearance in Special Ops 1). It would have been nice if Origin decided to give it an active role in some of the WC2 missions. And who can forget the Exeters from WC1???.....even though we hardly saw them fighting...they were tough ships...

No... think of it on a CAP SHIP vs. CAP SHIP point of view, without the fighter compliments.

I would call that a hard decision.

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Strictly capship vs capship, with no interference from the respective flight wings, the Vesuvius would win. The V's armament is geared more towards anti-capship engagements, with heavy mass drivers and anti-matter guns as well as the ubiquitous laser turrets. The heaviest weaponry the Midway mounts, in comparison, is medium ion cannons, with laser turrets comprising the remainder of the Midway's armament.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Vampa although the Kilrathi Dreadnought is the longest ship in WC the Nephilim Dreadnought is much more powerfull. It has phase shields, stronger armor, and the fleet plasma. The fleet plasma could probaby destroy the Kilrathi Dreadnought with one hit. The Behemoth isn't realy a capship, just an oversized weapon. And remember they didn't have time to finish the Behemoth before they had to use it.

------------------

The Kilrathi dreadnought's so frikken huge the Plasma gun would probably just make a dent in the hull.

I doubt it. The Kilrathi Fleet in WCP was probably spread out over a distance more than 22km and apart from one hull, the entire fleet was blown into itty-bitty Cat chunks!!!

However, the Kraken and Tiamet have one major flaw...they have to be facing the target they want to destroy with that Shipkiller Weapon.
If it was just a ship to ship engagement, I would go with the Plunkett (even against a Vesuvius) simply because those triple barreled Heavy Plasma and Heavy Particle Cannons would shread almost any ship into little pieces.

------------------
'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wcsom/index.html

[This message has been edited by Primarch (edited January 09, 2000).]

I'd love to see a plunket vs vesusvius.. But I'd love to see two tiamats in mortal combat. The Vesuvius vs St Helens in WC4 just kicked ass so imagine the most powerful WC dreadnoughts in existance in a death battle... wow it's be better without their fleet killer weapons though cos that would take the fun out of it...

I'd refit the Midway with tachion and chain ion turrets, and do the same with the Vesuvius, and then I'd not able to decide...

The plasma ship killer has another drawback: It has to be fired from far awaaay... or you'll get blasted to bits together with the enemy. So at "pointblank" range it's pretty much ineffective (spelling?).

I'd also like to see what would happen if the Behemoth fired on a capital ship like the Kilrathi Dreadnought and hit square on...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

The kilrathi dreadnaught CAN be destroyed in wc3. You just go inside the hull and shoot for 20 minutes.

As for a good capship vs. capship ship, I'd have to say the concordia. It was as much a battleship as it was a carrier, maybe even more a battleship. Remember in an SO2 mission when it singlehandedly destroyed 2 Fraltha? We never witness any other capships accomplish something like that except the midway's plasma cannon and the behemoths huge gone doing mass destruction, but that really doesn't count as capship vs capship. The cruiser from wc3 also had alot of firepower with its 4 anti matter guns. We get to see it blow up a kilrathi cruiser.

[This message has been edited by Terrorizer (edited January 09, 2000).]

Yeah.,
------------------
Yeah i'm back..

~Guner~

[This message has been edited by Guner (edited January 09, 2000).]

Noooooooooooooo!

Terrorizer- the Confed and Cat cruisers from WC3 have similar firepower. I recently replayed WC3 and on one of the last missions you have to protect the cruiser while it fights the cat cruiser, and seconds after the Cats started screaming and swearing on Sivar, the Confeds exploded to.

------------------

How do you know how many Fralthis there were? Do you remember the Kilrathi Dreadnought? It was long, but there was a lot of space in between different parts of the ship. If the Tiamats Fleet Plasma would hit it in the middle it would probably break in two and blow up.

------------------

Don't forget the shockwave the Fleet Plasma creates. The Midway was about 10,000 klicks away from the bug fleet and the wave still got to it.

------------------

Guner the banned sez:
>Yeah i'm back..

Not for very long you weren't...

*clickety-clickclickclick*

Further attempts to circumvent the ban via new hotmail accounts will get all of hotmail.com banned from creating new accounts (existing accounts with hotmail addresses shouldn't be affected, as I understand the settings of the board).

A broad stroke, yes, but I grow weary of your bullsh*t, Kara. Including your claim of not being mailed by LOAF about your being a stupid twit earlier.

Now kindly FOAD.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

FOAD: F*ck Off And Die

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 09, 2000).]

Oh good, I thought you let her come back. You would think she would at least be smart enough to change her screen name.

------------------

Back