Jumpoints

<crying> Why are you always yelling at us? It's so MEAN... you shouldn't yell... </crying>

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Erm... you're saying that submarines *aren't* designed to keep air in? I do *NOT* want to serve on your submarine.

The point of a spaceship is to keep vacuum out, if the point of a submarine is to keep air out.

The similarity is that both are designed to create a small pocket of habitable environment inside an expanse that humans cannot naturally survive in.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

The point of a spaceship is to keep vacuum out, if the point of a submarine is to keep air out.
When did I say that we wanted to keep air out of the submarine???
biggrin.gif

You can't really keep vaccuum out since it isn't really anything to begin with, that's why I refered to it as keeping air in.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Last edited by a moderator:
LOAF: Uh... You're attaching too much importance to TC's words without actually listening to what he's saying.

"The point of a spaceship is to keep vacuum out"

Is that a serious remark? Surely, it must be some sort of hard-to-read sarcasm...

While both attempt to create a habitable environment within, it must be considered that air generally moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure.
A spaceship does not need to keep vacuum out, for the simple reason that as long as it keeps the air in, the vacuum automatically stays out. The problems start when there's a breach and the air moves into an area of low pressure (in this case, the vacuum outside).
And the way I see it, when TC says a submarine is designed not to implode, that implies keeping air in...

Anyway, what it all comes down to is that spaceships and submarines do indeed face different forces. I imagine that if you somehow got a submarine into space, it would explode.

Yes, I'm fairly sure it would
biggrin.gif
(though it might be humourous.)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Yeah, it would be humourous, but not as humourous as the Kalasjnikov(sp?) empire sub.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are lots days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back