Jumpgate Demo Available Now

If anyone isn't up to date on this, Jumpgate is what Privateer Online woulda been. :)

I would have to strongly disagree with that statement. Jumpgate is crap. Nothing even remotely like WC/Privateer or whatever. Now maybe you should make that statement about Earth and Beyond since that is atleast under the EA umbrella and was rumored to be the cause for the cancellation of POL. Jumpgate...been there and done that...

I believe there were talks about using the Jumpgate engine for POL's space flight part. But surely not without some modifications, like getting rid of the physics. Just because some part of Jumpgate was going to be used in some way, it doesn't mean the games are actually similar in any way.

I for one LIKE the fact that they're working in physics. A true test of my talents! :)
Edit- Dynaco, have you played the demo? If not, try it before calling it "crap". It might not be POL but it's as close as we can be for the moment!

Erm, but Bob, Far-Gate is Real Time Strategy. Not exactly what we're talking about. Still, it's not bad. Would anyone believe I already have it? :) It's SUPPOSED to be released September 11th...

Yeah, Jumpgate is cool. Lots of potential, but they still need to tweak a few things. We'll see how it ends up.

Earth and Beyond may turn out to be interesting, but is it coming out within the next two years?

Lets all go to the UO Worlds Faire 2 and see Earth and Beyond in action.

Then we'll go to Subway since there's a really good Subway in Austin.

lol already been to Texas once LOAF... though I've never been to Austin. Used to live around DFW

If LOAF's knowledge of Austin's subway is as good as his knowledge of WC, I'll take his word for it.

Originally posted by Manic
Dynaco, have you played the demo? If not, try it before calling it "crap".

Dynaco, TyeDyeBoy, Death, and myself have all played Jumpgate. We're members of The Drakhai, a Jumpgate squad that was originally formed by Tye for the WingNuts who had applied to test the game.

Jumpgate does have some things in common with Privateer, but there are also huge differences between the two. The main difference in Jumpgate is that you're not alone when you fly. There are a ton of squads out there. Each one has its own principles and agendas. The Drakhai, which is currently led by Death, is basically out there to help new pilots learn the basics of the game. However, we try to mirror our Wing Commander counterparts whenever possible. This, of course, means enforcing a strict code of honor.

The game itself isn't bad. Like everything, it has good points and bad points. Unfortunately, Jumpgate's main bad point is turning out to be the other players. I guess that can be the case with any game, though.

I downloaded the demo and looks very good, if anyone is interested im Ghost_1 when i play online with the facion Sarerin or something like this (the name begin with s)

*sniff* You forgot about me too =\

JG is cool, if it wasnt I wouldn't have subscribed to the EU release. But there are BIG problems with the EU publishers right now who aren't doing anything of what they promised and are in result losing a hell of a lot of players over it. The game also has it's fair share of ppl with, how should i say it, under-developed social skills.

Originally posted by Royal_Marine
*sniff* You forgot about me too =\

JG is cool, if it wasnt I wouldn't have subscribed to the EU release. But there are BIG problems with the EU publishers right now who aren't doing anything of what they promised and are in result losing a hell of a lot of players over it. The game also has it's fair share of ppl with, how should i say it, under-developed social skills.

Why not just be blunt? A lot of people are idiots of the highest (lowest, I guess) caliber, with all the social graces of a rabid pitbull with a bad case of the munchies.

In spite of that, though, it is fun, as long as you don't define "fun" as "eternal deathmatching". JG also isn't for the faint of patience. Also, please, before you do anything else, Read The Flight Manual. Well over 95% of all newbie questions are answered there. After that, practice in the simulator. The physics are neither pure WC nor pure newtonian.

Also, don't cop an attitude on the comms, especially not with a pilot whose ship can grind you into the dirt like a cheap cigarette butt beneath their heel.

[grammar fix]

Originally posted by Death
Why not just be blunt? A lot of people are idiots of the highest (lowest, I guess) caliber, with all the social graces of a rabid pitbull with a bad case of the munchies.

Believe I've heard it referred to as "d00dism". Nasty condistion. :shudder:

Originally posted by Backslash
Erm, but Bob, Far-Gate is Real Time Strategy. Not exactly what we're talking about. Still, it's not bad. Would anyone believe I already have it? :) It's SUPPOSED to be released September 11th...

Hey, it's a space game and it looks cool. :)

Back