Jalkhi?

*smacks Tyrant for not catching the WC1 reference* You need to go back and replay.

*smacks Falcon*

A): Angel's line simply doesn't match up with what we know about either the Raptor or the Jalthi. The Raptor is better in everything but target profile. And B): I don't have WC1 anymore, since oh, I lost it when I moved three years ago.

GameTap!

But, yeah, I think the Jalthi was supposed to be scarier than it actually was... think of Baktosh Redclaw being revered as Kilrah's best sharpshooter flying a Jalthi, or a pair of Jalthi easily taking down Dibbles and Skinner's Scimitars in Claw Marks.

Hopefully we european people will be able to use it soon as well...

And yes, I think the Jalthi is a pretty bad ship. The WC1 Gratha was much more dangerous (and Shotglass seems to agree).

No kidding. A Gratha even hit me with a mine once. That wouldn't have been such a big deal... if an asteroid hadn't taken down my shield generator at the previous nav point.

I would personally love to know what the heck is powering that ship that it can fire six guns, two of which are Neutron guns which are famous for "Sucking you dry faster then a f... oh well you get the idea."

Seriously, lasers don't drain that much, but four fired at the same time would!

Bakhtosh was the perfect cat for the Jalthi - a good shot with a big gun loadout. The way it was descrived, I always thought that Dibbles and Skinner were shot down more due to the ambush the Kilrathi sprung on them than due to the Jalthi's supposed superiority...

I'd take that all that intimidating aura of superiority Jalthi have at the start of the game is more due to initial intel reports overestimating its real capabilities. Shotglass was the first to see it for what it was: a bad design, no matter how many guns it has up front.

Maybe the first pilots to encounter the Jalthi tried to play chicken with it. That would have been bound to leave a lasting impression.

Back