Jalkehi

DangerousCook

Rear Admiral
With shame I must report that I've never had the pleasure of playing WC2... but I find the Jalkehi to be an interesting design and was hoping to use it in my fanfiction. If you guys could provide as much info on the ship's performance in combat, as well as any other details I would greatly appreciate it!

Are you asking for how serious of a threat was it to us in the game or are you wanting what "canon" information surrounds the ship?

We can talk about what it was like to fight against a Jalkehi if you want.. but how did you pick this ship? What does it matter how neat it looks if it's going to just be described in your story? Shouldn't you be trying to find a ship with particular flight characteristics rather than physical design?

To answer your guys' questions. I would love combat info as far as how much of a threat it was, typical combat tactics, how sluggish it was, weak spots, etc. I picked it for reasons that will be explained in the story involving a main character. This ship will see combat if I can get info on it, so that is basically why I'm asking. The ship isn't going to just be in the story for looks, so yeah. I would play standoff but doesn't that require having Secret Ops?

With shame I must report that I've never had the pleasure of playing WC2... but I find the Jalkehi to be an interesting design and was hoping to use it in my fanfiction. If you guys could provide as much info on the ship's performance in combat, as well as any other details I would greatly appreciate it.

Call me a crap flyer, but the Jalkehi is one fighter that I would never wish to ensue in combat ever again. They were certainly a lot tougher in WC2 than they are in Standoff.

As said before taking, taking the flak of the turret fire from the fighter is the worst that can happen; particurly when flying the Rapier (or was it the Sabre?) in the latter stages of the game, is most frustrating since 2 or 3 hits can finish you off immediatley (ahh...memories :)).

Amen to that. The Rapier G had a hard time tackling those baddies. The Jalkehi was a fearsome foe in WC2.

Don said:
Call me a crap flyer, but the Jalkehi is one fighter that I would never wish to ensue in combat ever again.

Ensue is not the word you're looking for.

Delance said:
It's not that bad if you flank it and don't, under any circumstances, let it hit you.

Yeah, like Delance said, it's a fairly big target you can hit from the sides. All the guns up front mean you're going to be coming at it from an angle anyhow, and even if you do wind up behind, it's again a big target.

Bandit LOAF said:
Canon is not an adjective.

That is correct, I apologize for the grammatical error.

As for the Jalkehi, it was (in my estimation) an average foe in WC2. Not the easiest thing to tackle but not necessarily the worst either. I could typically score my kills against them by nailing them in the flanks as have been mentioned but failing at that, I'd rather take them head on then to tail one. The turret was devastatingly accurate and could eat my armor up quickly while I desperately tried to hammer in that last killing barrage. When attacking them from the front I could place my shots and roll or dive out of the way of their main guns but when tailing them for some reason I couldn't quite do the same.

Jalkehis were slow Dart DF / Full Gun burst fodder- the rear turret wasn't that bad, the fighter was slow, and it was a large target. I always thought a Jalthi squad was a lot harder to kill (and could kill you faster). Ditto with the Vaktoth, which was fast enough (with its seemingly limitless afterburner fuel) that it's large size wasn't all that big of a liability in combat. Honestly, I was relieved to fight Jalkehi in SO 1 and 2.... it was a nice break from those ridiculously armored Gothri.

Yeah, the Gothri was pretty much the equal of the Sabre--high speed and maneuverability, a turret, torpedoes, good guns, and enough shields and armor to make a Ferret/Epee pilot wary of fighting it.

Back