It's Vagabond!

Chris, it was the ad where the asteroid was coming to destroy Earth, and the scientists at the observatory saw it, so they all decided to get drunk with some handy Bud Light. Vagabond was in it. Apparently, the video was removed because it was copywritten, and lord knows that someone who owns something does not want you seeing it anywhere but with them, even if they don't show it more than a few times. Showing something someone else owns is bad, even though you aren't making any money on it and just want to preserve it for posterity reasons.

The strange thing here is that it's a comertial, and people who own commertials usually want as many people as possible two see it...

Ya,
It seems you tube's reasons for removing videos is odd. I've had 3 Videos removed 2 for copy write reasons and one because it was 4 secs to long. One of the copyrighted videos used a song that I have found at lest 3 others by other users and those videos are still up, the other one had footage of 24 in it.

The one that was too long by 4 secs tho they deleted and for some reason won't even write back to me when I ask them to at lest let me d/l it so I can edit out the 4 secs so its under the 10min max limit.... I re u/l one of f the copyrighted videos again to get around the "problem" link which now has a link to the original video to d/l off site from you tube.

Oh, and by the way since I brought up the subject of Music Videos I am currently working on one for Frontier - Prelude to Darkness with the creators approval. Currently in the planning stages only tho as I am waiting for a DVD of Higher Quality (higher then you tube)video from him in the mail to work with.

In Frontier - Prelude to Darkness I am currently Lt.Gaff (parts 7/8/9)linkand in part 9 I will be playing Lt.Hogan. (and other background voices parts 7/8)

Blitz

Ya,
It seems you tube's reasons for removing videos is odd. I've had 3 Videos removed 2 for copy write reasons and one because it was 4 secs to long. One of the copyrighted videos used a song that I have found at lest 3 others by other users and those videos are still up, the other one had footage of 24 in it.

You can get the audio back. You have to submit the following to Youtube when you dispute the copyright:

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

This worked for me, as a video of mine containing all original footage was taken down due to using Tom Petty's "Learning to Fly" as background music. I submitted the above, and the video is now available for viewing again. Good thing, too, because I lost the original file for the video, and YouTube is now the only place the video exists.

ya, I lost the original video as well only reason I have the copy i posted to rapid share for d/l is I used the way-back machine web archive and found it archived there from you tube. tho the video is not really the HQ I remember I am guessing it was compressed more the archive. The video is no longer on you tube tho and they refuse to even reply to me I have writing to them more then 3 times and even tried there Help forums but they refuse to even talk to me. I did write the original creator of the video footage just to confirm I had the writes to use it and they NCsoft wrote me back( Wow a company that writes its users/fans back) and said they had no problem with me using any of there content or in game footage for such a use.

Why You tube could not just block the audio and leave the video at lest so I could do something with it I don't understand. I have another Video I made "WC-Holding out for a hero" that tho not block has been banned in Germany.....By Sony who owns the music...odd you would think they would want it banned or removed every ware....copy writes sure are odd and confusing.

The other video made "WC What have I've Done", they just deleted without asking me at all and only because it was 10:03 or so which is 3 secs too long(tho in my video editor it was under 10mins), Again they refuse to talk to me about it, I mean its not because of copy writes its just 3 secs all they have to do is let me download so I can edit it a little for time....I have limited hd space tho so at the time after it was made I deleted the original. If any one has this video I would love to get a copy of it, I put alot of work into it and would like to be able to go over it again and reedit to not just for time but to fine tune it a bit. I did check the Wayback machine for this one but its not there.

Back