Is this weird?

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
I have my WCP Universe map hanging up on an empty space in my room. It's been there for a few years (2-3?). Am I weird for actually hanging this up?

It may be a good sign that you are a geek, but I don't think it particularly makes you wierd.

I had a WCU map pinned up on the wall in my bedroom when I was in high school... so I could show people my star system... you know, to impress girls.

(My current cave is far geekier, but I don't have a WCU map up. There is a Blair standee by my bed and a WC4 monitor frame on the wall... and WC3/WC4/WCP/WCM theatrical posters in frames.)

Personally, I think it's very weird to hang up a poster that was made for... you know, hanging up. What were you thinking? :)

Why *was* the WCU map made, anyway? I mean, it's the best thing in the world but it must just have confused regular players... at least Ultima's cloth maps are places you can go in the game.

I guess they were going to use it for Wing Commander Online...

I think they (they = Captain Johnny?) did put a lot of effort into creating it. Why not release it? At any rate, it wasn't included in the Singaporean release, so I missed out. ):

Don't worry dude, I've got a lot worse hanging from my bedroom wall... I have Enterprises. No I'm not kidding. Everything from the original HMS Enterprise, to both US Aircraft carriers... right all the way down to NCC-1701-E. :(

During high school I had the WCU map hanging in my father's "computer room" at his house right above the computer I used in the late 90s to play WC.

When I was in high school, I printed out the old universe map retcon LOAF put together, page by page, sector by sector (my dad had a fit about SO! MUCH! COLOR! INK! so I used black & white for the solid Confed or Kilrathi sectors), taped the whole thing together, and then taped it to my wall. Except that at some point, that wasn't good enough for me... so I took it down, stood on my bed and taped it to the ceiling. It stayed up until we moved and the family sold the house.

I don't know whether or not that makes me weirder than everyone else here.

(I don't usually hang things on the wall, anyway, even posters - especially posters, at least the paper kind; I'm terrified of damaging them. I think at that stage of my life I was putting things up just to fit in because I felt that everybody else did.)

(I didn't use Captain Johnny's original Prophecy map because it got lost somewhere shortly after I unboxed the game. I never did find it.)

(I didn't use Captain Johnny's original Prophecy map because it got lost somewhere shortly after I unboxed the game. I never did find it.)

In truth, I didn't even know it came with a game. A few weeks before I got Secret Ops, my mom found the map folded up in her room.

I've got my Map framed and hung on my wall. Not to mention the WC3 premiere edition movie poster, the Strakha art pages from the calender, the Kilrathi Saga poster, my pilgrim cross, and two WC3 Warbirds posters(color and B&W) all framed and hung up on the same wall. With the exception of my Jimmie Johnson clock WC dominates that wall.

Across from that I have my Half Life wall with prints of the Combine citadel(before and after destruction) and two posters of Dog fighting Striders (one game rendered and one comic style).

Above my bed I have three Sam & Max season prints signed by Steve Purcell.

I really only have three posters that aren't video game related.

So yeah, it is weird, but I would be concerned and disheartened if it was normal. Normal is lame and pointless, but weird is what makes you unique.

The geekiest Wing Commander item i have in my bedroom is a Thunderbolt papercraft beside the window. It's not big, but it's an eyebrow-raiser.

I've sometimes had gameposters (from certain old magazines) on living room wall for months or maybe even years. Including: Shadowlands, Secret of the Silver Blades (you've got to admit that's some awesome cover art) and Wonderland (as in "Alice in"; old text adventure).

And above my bed I once had huge Batman (the movie) poster.

Anyone out-weird that?

Thats not bad, in my bedroom (which is shared with my girlfriend) she has movie posters from all of the Star Trek movies (from The Motion Picture to the latest one that came out), a model of the Galaxy-class Enterprise (NCC-1701-D? I dunno haha) and Spock ears on the dresser.

I have a print out of the Wing Commander Movie poster, and a Gollum action figure in the room. However, in my computer room I have the WCU map, the map that came with Rome: Total War, various band posters (Velvet Revolver, The Doors), one of John Lennon, one of two girls in bed (very tasteful, good artistic value :p) and a poster that I think came with Command and Conquer The First Decade (its got a Mammoth Tank on one side and I cant remember whats on the other side). Its also a pretty small room so its seems like there's a lot more on the walls.

I had a WCU map pinned up on the wall in my bedroom when I was in high school... so I could show people my star system... you know, to impress girls.

(My current cave is far geekier, but I don't have a WCU map up. There is a Blair standee by my bed and a WC4 monitor frame on the wall... and WC3/WC4/WCP/WCM theatrical posters in frames.)

Where did you manage to come up with WC3/WC4/WCP theatrical posters?! Man, I'd love some of those for my appartment! Would go well with my WCM one.

Back