Incredible battle...

Lone Wolf

Spaceman
I though I'd tell you guys about this really neat battle I had today. I was in Junction, flying a customized Demon, when the jump to 199CE flashes bright blue. I look up, and there are sixteen Pirate Draymans in the jumpoint. (Gulp.) Now, the Pirates hate my guts. They spot me, and start launching Talons (at seven a piece, that's one-hundred and twelve. (Double gulp.) Then the jump to Gemini flashes, and there's three more draymans, who all launch Demons. Uh-oh. Then about thirty Militia Talons put out from Burton, Speke and Victoria. Plus, a flight of Broadswords and a Paradigm jump in, followed by seventeen Dralthi. Wow. Pirates, Kilrathi, Confed, Militia, me, and in about five minutes, four Retros. Over THREE-HUNDRED SHIPS. By the end of the day, all the Kilrathi, Retros, Confeds, and Militia are dead, and all but about five of the Pirates (they snuck out when I weren't lookin'). I bagged over two-hundred kills, and (thanks to my -Spoiler-) was never killed. All I can say is, a HUGE thank-you to everyone who made the remake, and another HUGE thank-you to spirit for her incredible patch. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun...

Wow sounds like you really utilized spiritrunner's WCU patch... glad you like it

we're thinking of giving wing commander universe a real home...specifically at wcuniverse.sourceforge.net
so that spiritrunner (and us!) can work together on a large CVS repository of all the additional WC universe ships.

Haha... That was so not intended ^^; But yeah, I guess WCU will become something. Next time this happens, please take a screenshot!

(I'm actually reducing the amount of ships around a bit, unless it's a kilrathi/confed battle on a frontier system)

Fleets like this don't nearly lag as much as Rikel's asteroids.

I had a similar experience in the old 0.9, where duping missions was still possible. I took a "lone Drayman" mission three times, and when I arrived at Rikel, there were like a hundred Drayman. There weren't any fighters, but when all of them gun for you, it's not fun, especially with the asteroids. Can you say, lag attack?

Back