If the rights were bought from OSI for WC.........

Scorpion

Spaceman
and a new WC game could be made say in a year, with a WCIV script/storyline, how many of you would buy the game. This is a serious post.....

Scorpion out...

------------------
All Men Seek Justice...
But Never Find Peace...

Well the reason I left this post up here, is I've gotten into contact with people that, if everything goes right a new WC game will be made in the next year. It will be with a good storyline like in WCIV and will have the cut scenes as well for added realism.

I'm also in contact with a production company about this venture as well as they would be the ones pulling in the investors to buy the rights for the game, and then finish the financing to get the people in, to get the game made. Also looking at pulling some people in from the games that say got not treated so well, with better pay.

Hopefully if this thread will get enough replies and ideas, that they will see this, which these people will be directed here, and things will then go forth. Replies to this thread are very important and ideas as well. Like what would you like to see in the next WC made game.

Thx Again.....

------------------
All Men Seek Justice...
But Never Find Peace...

WC4 had a budget of about $14 million. WC3 had about $6 million IIRC, and Prophecy had even less than that.

It's very unlikely that EA will sell the rights to WC to any company, and even if they would, DA would have to be completly stupid to try and get them. If we're going to see a new WC game that's not from OSI it would be from someone like Warthog that already made one WC game.

I would spend more than $14 million to make an awesome W.C. game. And I would buy a new WC game from another company.

------------------
I feel so funky.

I still think that this is a great idea because wing commander is too much of a good game to becut it deserves better so I'm all for it and with a WCIV like story line that would be great I would definitly buy it without hesitating.

LONG LIVE THE CONFEDERATION!!!!

But would you rather have one game with a WC4 level budget or two with a WC3 level budget? (or four with a WCP level budget.. eight with a Secret Ops level budget)

how about eight with a WC4 level budget!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can yell "I'm for it!" and "Eight with a WC4 budget!" all you want, but where's the money for this going to come from?
smile.gif

Chris, there are some rich people that you don't know, who might be willing to invest. If there's a few of those who are willing to invest a little bit, (I'm not talking on the fan level, I'm talking about serious shit, (not saying that fans aren't serious
smile.gif
), like major corporate investors. Just because DA or Warthog doesn't buy the rights, doesn't mean that someone else won't. And don't take EA for a bunch of tight asses either, you have about as much of a clue as I do as to what they are thinking about doing with the license. They might be striking a deal as you read this. They might be locking it up inside a safe bigger than the one at Fort Knox. They might not be doing a damn thing, productive or otherwise. Who cares who in the hell buys it, or how they do it. Just let those who think they can accoplish something try. If somebody doesn't try, who in the hell will?

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Knight said:
And don't take EA for a bunch of tight asses either, you have about as much of a clue as I do as to what they are thinking about doing with the license. They might be striking a deal as you read this.

OSI's Direct of Communications told me Friday they weren't doing anything with it.

Who cares who in the hell buys it, or how they do it.

Anyone who actually wants this game should be very concerned with who buys it and how they do it..

Just let those who think they can accoplish something try. If somebody doesn't try, who in the hell will?

How is asking where this magic $14 million will come from barring anyone from anything?

I would buy(a new game). Multiplayer (in a Privateer type universe)would be nice but, I don't think technology is quite what it needs to be for something like that.(only it would be nice if all the money we make from trading runs actually goes into our bank accounts......
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BurnOut (edited April 09, 2000).]

only it would be nice if all the money we make from trading runs actually goes into our bank accounts......

Yeah... and I wish that those pink elephants with wings would stop firing torpedoes at the pigs that fly by my window
smile.gif

I would love to see a new WC game. If it had the storyline of WC IV, and the WCP engine, the game would rock. Forget about good actors... If the game took place in some backwater system, and involved me flying against Bugs (or a new enemy again), with Quarto complaining to ChrisReid about Scorpion's lack of morale, I'd love it all the same.
smile.gif

-Disclaimer-

Anagram means no insult to the people named above, be they real, or fictional, past or present. he was only making a point.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Back