Iceman vs. Seether

I know you're new and excited, but please don't start so many threads - or at least put some analysis into them when you do. Tell us what you think and why in your initial post if you're going to start all these 'versus' threads.

And Maniac's last name is "Marshall", not 'Martial' (in your .sig).

Haha, the boy is just a tad excited, good to see fresh exhuberism (sp?) here. Anyways, I got to place my money on the Iceman in this situation, his icy calm, dead resolve and accurate eye would make quick work of Seether. Of course this is just my opinion...can you tell Iceman is my favorite wingman of all time?

I think Seether would spend so much time yaping about how gret he was that ice man would dispatch him to hell very swiftly. Frankly, all we witness from seether is some stupid mine trick and the slaughtering of unaware pilots after coming out of cloak 2 m behind their ships. nothing that really proves all his claims to glory...

In the WC4 novelization, they paint Seether out to be alot more badass. He basicly hands Maniac's and Blair's hind quarters to them. If I remember correctly Blair had to be a bit sneaky to win.

Maj.Striker said:
Haha, the boy is just a tad excited, good to see fresh exhuberism (sp?) here. Anyways, I got to place my money on the Iceman in this situation, his icy calm, dead resolve and accurate eye would make quick work of Seether. Of course this is just my opinion...can you tell Iceman is my favorite wingman of all time?
Iceman is better

didn't blair admit that Iceman was better than him? If so than Iceman>Blair>Seether<Iceman.

I don't recall Blair ever saying anything like that. Certainly Blair is better in any quantifiable sense - in terms of awards, number of kills and simple survivability Blair will always come out on top.

There was a point in time when Iceman was well known as the best pilot on the best outfit in the fleet - but it was a very brief period.

Well that's because we didn't get to play as the Iceman...we played as Blair...naturally the character we play as is going to be the best. Hmm, now that would be cool if you could play as anyone one of the main pilots in Wing Commander...each with their own little plot lines, that would be cool.

Seether would have killed both Maniac and Blair had it not been for Blair's trick that finally killed seether.

On the thread topic, seether would win because he is predispositioned to be a better pilot, now that said Iceman would certainly put up a good fight but in the end it he would probably come up short.

Maj.Striker said:
Well that's because we didn't get to play as the Iceman...we played as Blair...naturally the character we play as is going to be the best. Hmm, now that would be cool if you could play as anyone one of the main pilots in Wing Commander...each with their own little plot lines, that would be cool.

It would be interesting to play as Jazz.

Maj.Striker said:

I'm really waiting for an action game where your character isn't meant to be the best, smartest, fastest and loudest around town. Certainly, it would be a bit humbling to have to admit that a cg-character is better than you, but it might lead to some intersting tactical involvements - along the lines of actually having a strategy to use your wingmen to the team's advantage.

If the game would have come to the point where it would be clear that Seether's inbred superhuman reflexes outstrip Blair's experience and talent , it would have made an intersting addition to plan an attack strategy, give out some pre-orders to a flight group and wait for the right moment in your position. Shouting out three different commands over the intercom during flight tend to get a bit monotonous in time...

Bandit LOAF said:
And Maniac's last name is "Marshall", not 'Martial' (in your .sig).

At least it's a quip of a sort - and we won't go so far as to stretch it to Todd "Maniac" Ex-Marital...

[BTW - aren't we lucky that Maniac never made it further than Major? Marshall Marshall would have been really odd.)

[I'm having a witty day. Always happens when I hit my foot with an axe.]

You know thats why we don't have the rank of Field Marshall in the US Army?

In WWII, General Marshall had to create a term for a five star general, and he didn't want to be called "Field Marshall Marshall" so the term "General of the Armies" was used.

criticalmass said:
I'm really waiting for an action game where your character isn't meant to be the best, smartest, fastest and loudest around town. Certainly, it would be a bit humbling to have to admit that a cg-character is better than you, but it might lead to some intersting tactical involvements - along the lines of actually having a strategy to use your wingmen to the team's advantage.

... or it might lead to people quitting the game and saying it sucks because "it's too hard". Games aren't made just for the hardcore gamers that have the time to work out all the little details of kicking ass, but to also get the less-dedicated folks. The hardcore folks are too small a group to be a financially viable market target. Niche games are fine for small developers, but big game developers aiming for niches would find themselves somewhat short of cash kinda quickly.

BTW did ne1 notice the knife Iceman had? Is that the same one that Hawk had in Prophecy? I mean that would make sense as to why Casey got it in the end.

Back