I know I'm a cheater....

MjavTheGray

Spaceman
But it's near impossible to save Dauntless with such dumb wingmen who never never never even think of even noticing the fact that Mantas have launched a swarm of ship-killer torpedoes...

And now Dauntless has last one hit point remaining, and mjav alone can't stop all the torpedoes.

So... maybe anyone knows where to dig in savegame with hex editor to give the poor Bengal some more hit points ?

I can only give you suggestions as to how to beat the mission.

Are you sure that the Dauntless is unharmed before that mission? If not you might want to replay the game from before the point it took damage for the first turn.

If it is clean, then you should work on your tactics.
#1 Check the nav-map. You can see which ships attack the Dauntless and which ones attack fighters.
#2 NEVER chase a torpedo bomber to finish it off. Rather chase of the next one.
#3 If everything else fails place yourself on top of the last component and act as a turret. Its really almost impossible to loose the last component of a ship to torpedos.

Thanks a lot, the "pseudo-turret" advice did do the trick :) Not a single torpedoe could pass my Scim :)
Unfortunately, it was that very mission with "jammer", and I couldn't kill the jammer in time. Should have saved the DF's for it, I guess :)
Will have to re-fly it.
Again, thanks a lot for the advice :)

#3 If everything else fails place yourself on top of the last component and act as a turret. Its really almost impossible to loose the last component of a ship to torpedos.

Hehe, when Prophecy multiplayer gets strike missions you can win the jerk of the month award that way. :p

Hehe, when Prophecy multiplayer gets strike missions you can win the jerk of the month award that way. :p

Really? A stationary target should be gone in seconds/distracted enough given human intelligence. I don't see the problem personally.

Heh, it was a joke, but depending on the situation I can imagine it could be quite an annoying tactic, especially with engines.

Well, it's really only a tactic if you consider having a goalkeeper in soccer to be a tactic :p.

Back