I got a question

QuailPilot

Spaceman
I've been fiddling around editing FC, and I got a question

I been wanting to make a mod with FC and been creating background for my story and "universe" (it is not WC related sorry){BTW WC: Blackout might have another update soon}.

I was wondering if that with the Lua scripting, could I add things like Psionics. To elaborate on this: I mean add a new "mental energy" meter and several powers including
Mind Control (change to players side for a period of time)
telekeneisis, pyrokeneisis, and cyrokenisis
A Psionic Sheild
Some various others

If not I guess I would have to fiddle around with missles. (or just use it with the story line)

Wow, that's an interesting suggestion.

So you can't script in graphs right now, but you can do a nice text display. Similar to the way the score is announced in the sim missions now. Otherwise, you can already script in making an enemy a friend, changing the shield values, invulnerability, so most of this sounds pretty doable. Now how you'd get the player to cast these "spells", hmm, I'd have to think about that.

QuailPilot said:
I was thinking for the pyro/cyrokenisis was to make them as a kind of a missle at the moment.
you mean select the weapon and cast using the missile selction and firing keys? Could work. But I think it would be wierd if it acted like a missile *after* it was fired.

AD said:
you mean select the weapon and cast using the missile selction and firing keys? Could work. But I think it would be wierd if it acted like a missile *after* it was fired.
Perhaps if it didn't have a model, and never missed? The time it would take could be "concentration" or something like that.

you could make it unspoofable and super fast as well.

Hmmmm... it does sound like it could work. I see only 2 problems though. One, the missile(s) would need to be made to look like a telepathic wave of some sort, two, they would have to be unlimited since the "powers" are reusable I assume, and for that they would need a cooldown before using again.

Two things:

One if I make them as missles: they would be "dumbfires"

Two: Yes they would be unlimited, but Cyro, would have less of a cool down and would do less damage than Pyro.

About the Mind Control idea, in lua scripting with waves. If you don't kill the pilot before the next wave is triggered it can be an uncontrolled power that you have.

What would be really cool is if you cold just press a button and instantly the target you are locked on to at the time just explodes...instaneous combustion. That would be a neat power. :)

Well, he could mess with the FC program and make it a button just for it like for example, the letter M would initiate Mind Control. How does that sound for an idea?

Back