I bought my car some new feet

Frosty

a full fledged GF
It took around five weeks from placing the order to arrival, but now they're here and the agony of waiting is gone, so Frosty is happy.

The Mazda wants to know what's in the boxes.
1.jpg

Oooh! Toys!
2.jpg

Wow, fancy toys! And mysteriously it's suddenly night. At 1pm.
3.jpg

Yaay, shiny!
4.jpg

Most MS6 owners punk out and buy whatever cheap-ass wheels TireRack has on sale for 100 bucks or less, or they go out like real bitches and get RX-8 wheels. I did the manly thing and spent well beyond my means. Truly, I am the greatest of you all.

They are 18" x 7.5" just like the stockers, but at 7.7kg are a little over 7 pounds lighter than the factory wheels, which are now the winter feet. The Mazda is pleased.

Theres someone selling a RX-5 in Bridgeport. Its in good condition but I don't trust most cars made in the 70s outside a 'Cuda.

I should probably buy some rims at some point so I know what I'm talking about - but I'm driving a 12 year old Honda. I did get a pretty new headunit for my stereo though.

When you sell that car you'll have to let me know if the buyer paid you as much as my wheels cost.

When I sell my car, I'll be able to buy your mom. Twice.

The MS6 seems a little big for autocross, but I want to see if I can get a Mazdaspeed Miata to go with it, and that I'd want to run around in.

I bought the Cobb SF Intake and I'm hoping they release an airbox for it. Whatever other parts they come out with for the MS6 I'll be interested in. I have a feeling the bypass valve and shifter for the MS3 will work out and I'll be in line for those.

If they release an exhaust or an intercooler I'd be interested, and of course if the stars align and they really do release an AccessPort I am so, so there. I'm not interested in cp-e's garbage parts or anything else, so for me the mods stop where Cobb's product line ends.

I hear you on the Miata. That car remains a favorite of autoxers. It is such a great and simple design with an A class chassis. It's hard to find fault with the vehicle. I was especially impressed that Mazda showed restraint with the new version and kept the weight in check.

That said, I bet you'd still have a blast autoxing the bigger brother. I started with an old e36 325 sedan. Even though I was totally outclassed, the experience was invaluable.

Is cp-e that bad? I actually haven't heard anything on them one way or another...

cp-e isn't bad, but they're honestly nothing special and their prices aren't competitive. They also have a pretty weird attitude about other parts makers like Cobb, and they just sort of give me the creeps.

Back