I´d like to play my own stories!

the__phoenix

Spaceman
:confused: Does anyone know, whether there is the possibility to download a WC- MOD which offers good graphic performance, mission and campaign editor and what is most important a mission briefing editor (something like the Freespace Editor would be great :rolleyes: ). This MOD should also support ships from WC1 to WC3 (because this time is my favorit set for a WC game).
I tried Flight Commander, but the graphics aren´t that good (but I admire the guy(s) who programmed this game), the Freespace 2 MOD doesn´t support WC- capships (don´t want to take the FS- capships) and any other product isn´t finsihed jet.
You guys are often talking about WC- SO, but I didn´t find any download source or editing tools jet. Is my search hopeless or can I see ligtht at the end of the horizon ;) ?

By the way, the Star Trek Armada MOD: Wing Commander Invasion is really great, but the Computer doesn´t build anything in "instant action" mode. Is that normal, or is there anything wrong with my copy?

Oh, I just found it, but it doesn't look finished. Graphics are great and that you can fly on the surface of planets is fantastic. I'm sure it will take the guys from Vegastrike a long time to finish this programm.

I think I wont find any game which is now available and full costumizeable :(

>I tried Flight Commander, but the >graphics aren´t that good (but I admire >the guy(s) who programmed this game)'

That would be me. What suggestions do you have for improving the graphics. What in particular bothered you the most? I'm guessing the weapons and nebulae?

Eddie.

what bothered me most, was the lac of actual speed in flight commander, the ships were too slow and unresponsive

Originally posted by eddieb
> What in particular bothered you the most? I'm guessing the weapons and nebulae?

Eddie.

The nebulaes and ship graphics are okay, but the missiles are flying very(, very, very,...) slow and don't have an engine effect and the lasers are looking like flying X', ships are flying very slow as well.

Is it possible to convert the ships to Freespace 2 (they,ve the best Mission Editor and Graphics!

I made a freespace 2 WC mod. The only problem i had was converting capship turrets, that's what shut me down in the end, if you can dfigure it out you could easily finish off the mod.

Originally posted by Darkmage
... could easily finish off the mod.
:rolleyes: Nice joke! I don't have a glimpse of an idea, how to make or finish a MOD. Everything I'm able to use a click and play editor like the one in FS2 (and I know how to programm in Java), what might not be enough to solve your "turrent problem".

Back