How to survive in a mine field?

regpath

Spaceman
I'm playing WC1. On the third mission, I confront with a mine field but it's very hard to survive here.
Is there any tip?
It was not very hard to go through an asteroid zone, but a mine field is quite different.

I believe the trick is to speed through it to avoid attracting mines. The opposite of what you'd do in an asteroid field.

Mines, unlike asteroids, can pursue you, though they are much slower than your craft's top speed. Think of them as slow homing missiles. Thus, if you fly too slowly, they will catch up to you. Don't try to afterburn though--you'll plow straight into one at those speeds. Keep your speed in the 200-400 kps range, which is fast enough to outrun their pursuit, but slow enough to dodge any ahead of you.

I never had a whole lot of trouble at the 250 I used for asteroids (recommended in Claw Marks), but a little faster, as others point out, is probably even better for mines since they do track.

Individually, the mines in WC1 don't pack a whole lot of punch. You best bet is to ride through on burners, especially if you're flying a Scimitar. NEVER GO SLOW IN MINES.

Like everyone says, don't go slow. I use the F5 key for 3rd person view to check how close mines are getting. I've found it helpful but not 100% reliable.

Back