Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Sure, and I'm a 30+ WC fan

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • You're kidding!! That's ancient history, a collector's item

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
USB joysticks

I have a Saitek X36 USB joystick and throttle combo. It works great on USB port. I use to have a Thrustmaster Attack Throttle and Joystick combo it connected to my sound card and it worked great...until I broke it.

Saitek X36 is great because I can program all the buttons for specific tasks in any Windows game. Unfortunately it doesn't work in DOS games. I had to put toghether a complete dos machine to play WC1 and 2.

My wife thinks I'm crazy we have 3 computers in the house.

I have one computer, my sister another, and soon a 3rd computer will come to home.....uummhh i need more space, maybe throwing the dog away is a good way of making some place to my new Thunderbyte 1.2 Ghz :cool:

Thanks Kris, I'll do just that... was just wondering, impetuous as I am and I can't wait to try out WC1 and 2 WITH sound on my new PC... you know the delivery times on such CD's... luckily there's a SW auction coming up soon...might try for the original package

And Ghost, I know dramamine isn't for insomnia, but imagine a flight jock with travel disease.... that's enough to keep you awake at night, isn't it? ;) it all started after a really bad ear infection... already got nausea in an elevator... guess how happy i was to find out i could ride the donkey in a carroussel again without tossing my cookies!

Michael, danm, your wife would have a fun time picking on us -
Operational, there's two in my room, two in my brothers, one in mums sewing room, five in the study, then another five out in the back room which aren't used except for on weekends when they're used for work, then a few more under the house - plus all the comodorre 64s.

Should see the power bill! :(

Re: USB joysticks

Originally posted by Michael_A
I have a Saitek X36 USB joystick and throttle combo. It works great on USB port...Unfortunately it doesn't work in DOS games. I had to put toghether a complete dos machine to play WC1 and 2.

Wait: I'm pretty sure the X36 combo ALSO has dual hardware interfaces (that is, standard GAMEPORT capability, also)! I have the previous version, which DON'T have USB... Therefore, all you gotta do to use it in DOS is to connect it up via the gameport. You won't be able to use the "SGE" functions, but that's OK. Just obtain the correct software.

The previous software was also Win-based (Win 3x), but there was some kinda workaraound I used to get it to work in DOS.
If you wanna know more about this, post to me here, and I'll' try & dig that info up for ya.:)

Back